Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tcerveny Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 07:51 PM

So I was able to use my 3-wire capacitor as a 2-wire by tying together the purple and brown! That was my original question. SO... thank you all for trying to assist me. I HAVE NO MORE PULL CHAINS AND I AM SOOOOO GRATEFUL!!

I now know I can install, fix, repair and break any fan/light combo (or it feels like it after this PAIN IN THE WEEK)!!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2008, 11:31 PM

Glad you got it to work. Does the fan high speed seem accurate, not too fast or too slow?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can anyone tell me how to wire 3 speed 4 wire switch for heritage farm ceiling fan [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: Need help my chain broke no light in kitchen no fan working:) :)

Reconnecting dimmer switch to outlet and wall wire [ 4 Answers ]

In box there are two main wires: one has white black and copper grounding wire, Other has white, black, red, and grounding wire, dimmer has green grounding wire, black and red. How do I reconnect them properly?

Trying to wire a 3 speed, 4 wire ceiling fan switch [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to wire a 3 speed 4 wire ceiling fan switch for an Aloha Breeze 52" ceiling fan. The original fan switch fell apart when I tried to see how it was connected. I have to connect black (hot wire), grey, orange and purple wires to the switch (L,1,2,3). The orange and purple wires come...

Can I splice off 1 wire to create 2 separate wire connections for 2 ceiling fans [ 10 Answers ]

I'm planning on installing 2 ceiling fan, 1 in each of 2 bedrooms. There's no electrical on the ceilings and need to come down from the attic. The attic has several different white plastic contained wires running throughout the attic. I'm wondering if I should splice from 2 separate sources, or...

Installing dimmer to a lightswitch with only 1 black and 1 white wire. [ 6 Answers ]

I purchased a single pole dimmer switch with a Black, Green and Blue Wire. When I remove the light plate, my light switch has one black wire and one white. Nothing else. How would I install the Dimmer? http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n56/syndash/lightswitch.jpg

View more questions Search