Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeba4god Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2006, 06:01 AM
    How to do a bible study?

I am a teen and I want to do a bible study.Please give me some guidance on that
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2006, 06:13 AM
    Here are some online study sources you might consider:
    http://catholicism.about.com/cs/biblestudy1/index.htm
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 28, 2006, 10:04 AM
    You could even go to a local church and get a youth study group going. It is nice to see that the teenagers are going back to the days that I remember growing up.

I guess it is not "The ME Generation" any more.
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jun 28, 2006, 01:39 PM
    The best way to study the Bible is to read it through (prayerfully) enough times to understand the various stories and history. Many parts of the Bible are not written consecutively, and some accounts are found in different books. Take everything literally, unless it is obvious that what is written is a parable. Please take into consideration that the Old Testament is the record of God's dealings with mankind to fulfill His promise to Eve that her seed would bruise the serpent's head. Everything back there relates to the coming of the promised Messiah, Jesus Christ.

Everything in the New Testament deals with the Kingdom of God in this Earth (and beyond) explaining what Christ means to us, what He wants our relationship with Him to be. In the process of this, we begin to see those things in the Old Testament as types and pictures of Messiah.

Hope this is helpful.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2006, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston
    Take everything literally, unless it is obvious that what is written is a parable.
    Far easier said than done. It's not always obvious.

Look at a classic "This is my Body...This is my Blood". Definitely no parable there... yet about a third of Christians don't take it literally.

PS/Edit: I strongly suggest you use materials from reliable sources when choosing a Bible Study program.
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jun 30, 2006, 12:59 PM
    Rickj
    Touché! I should have said take everything literally unless it is obvoious that it is a parable or symbolic, The Bible does contain a lot of symbolism, but it is usually pretty obvious. At the time Jesus said "this is my body ---- this is my blood", He was still living in that body and His blood was still in His veins, so it had to be symbolic, right? Trans-substantiation is not a Biblical concept.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jun 30, 2006, 11:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeba4god
    How to do a bible study?

I am a teen and i want to do a bible study.Please give me some guidance on that
    I suggest that you do as the Ethopean Eunuch did and ask for someone to personally teach you. Jehovah's Witnesses offer free Bible Studies so you might want to contact them.

https://watch002.securesites.net/contact/submit.htm
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Jul 3, 2006, 09:38 AM
    Well jeba4god -

If you go to your local church they almost always have a Bible study group that meets one night a week.
    And you can also read your Bible again and study along with the church group or by listening to evangelists when they share "the word" for the day or week.

I think I can put this announcement here in your thread. There is one minister who will make a nationwide launch of his t.v. program TONIGHT!
    Rev. Bill Keller - on the I network approx. @ midnight. The show is called Liveprayer with Bill Keller. You can record the show, as it is on late.

I'm so glad Mr. Keller is going Nationwide tonight! He'll be on secular t.v. because he wants to reach the lost & hurting & bring them to God & the love of Christ.
    I am so glad that this man of God tells it like it is, and has arrived to shock the nation as he has in Florida & through his website.
    If you are looking to mature spiritually, there is much to learn from his discussion of popular topics/ misconceptions, etc. You can take a look at the website to find out the channel he'll be on for your area. Praise God!

http://www.liveprayer.com
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Jul 5, 2006, 09:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeba4god
    How to do a bible study?

I am a teen and i want to do a bible study.Please give me some guidance on that
    Depending on the level of understanding you wish to obtain from the Bible, there are several avenues to Bible study. If you wish to study for strictly devotional purposes as a Christian, then I recommend you start by reading the Gospels in the New Testament. If you want to gain understanding of the background to Judaism, then the Pentateuch is the best place to begin.

If you require more than devotional use, you will need assistance from well researched and written commentaries. Some, such as Peake's, are excellent, scholarly, and do not favour one denomination of Christianity over any other, although it is Trinitarian in its approach to godly theology. If you want to become a Bible scholar, then you will need to obtain a couple of first class 'introductions,' which are scholarly treatises and contain much more important information and a great deal less indoctrinational and denominational-partricular materials than commentaries do, as commentaries are written to persuade, whereas introductions are written to inform. However, both introduction and commentaries when written from a scholarly perspective express the universality of God and the oneness of all the people in the world without hint of racial preference or prejudice.

Depending on your purpose in studying the Bible, I can make some recommendations to you if need be. Please feel free to ask.

M:)RGANITE

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red Letter Bible: Fyi [ 4 Answers ]

RED LETTER BIBLE: FYI Some may not be aware of the origin of the Red Letter Bible. Thus my purpose in sharing the following. Bobbye ==========. THE RED LETTER BIBLE There are millions of people who read the Bible daily, yet few may know why some publishers print the words of Jesus...

Bible Help [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English. There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions. Please Help! I'm Catholic, and I want something the King James Version. Thank you!

Bible study [ 4 Answers ]

(1) To what do we owe the remission of our sins?

Bible study [ 6 Answers ]

(2) What great zeal and self denial does Nehemiah, his brethren, his servants and the men of the guard which followed him show?

Bible Help [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the oldest translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English.  There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions.  Please Help!  I'm Catholic, and I want something before the King James Version. Thank you! RionerPoet

View more questions Search