Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Nov 24, 2008, 06:50 PM
    Lyrical nausea
    I have recently decided that I would LOVE to learn how to dance.
    I don't seem to be very good at it however.

I have discovered lyrical dance and I love it.
    I don't think I'm half bad at it either-"it" of course being mimicking what I watched on YouTube with no actual instruction involved.

I love the way it feels...
    For the first couple of minutes...
    Then I get nauseous.

It's almost tragic because I love it so much but it makes me dizzy and nauseous to do it.

Any ideas on how to battle this?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2008, 07:29 PM

Maybe you should make a quick trip to your doctor. You might have an inner ear problem going on that is causing the nausea. Are you swinging your head around when this happens?
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Nov 24, 2008, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland View Post
    Maybe you should make a quick trip to your doctor. You might have an inner ear problem going on that is causing the nausea. Are you swinging your head around when this happens?

Well, I know I'm going to sound really stupid but I considered the ear thing.
    I have an ear infection going on right now but I really don't think that's it because even before the infection developed I got dizzy really easy.

I mean, when I turned about 14 I started getting really bad head rushes and my doc told me I was anemic so I take iron supplements. Ever since then, I get dizzy almost progressively easier. I can't ride amusement park rides that I used to be able to and I just don't know.

And, yes, I do swing my head around.
    shelleybean Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jan 15, 2009, 01:04 PM
    Spot. Do you know what that means? Find a spot on the wall and look at it when you are about to turn. Spin your head and find that spot again. That will prevent dizziness.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2009, 05:23 AM

The answer by shelleybean above is a good way to potentially eliminate problems with being dizzy while dancing.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hunger and Nausea. What is this? [ 2 Answers ]

For the past two days, I've had a really weird feeling in my stomach area (from just below my rib cage down to about my belly button)- it feels like... a combination of nausea and hunger pangs... No matter how much I eat, it doesn't seem to go away- not eating anything super-healthy (just had a...

Nausea from the pill [ 2 Answers ]

I have just been prescribed birth control and have taken it for the past two days; however, those two days I was vomiting continuously and couldn't keep any food or liquids down for more than three hours or so. I am aware that nausea and vomiting are side effects to my birth control; but, I would...

How can I cure my nausea? [ 2 Answers ]

From yesterday afternoon to today, I've been feeling very nauseated. I have a pretty high fever, and I get extremely cold most of the time. I can't really eat anything, except maybe fruit but I'm not sure. And I can barely walk, or even move, without feeling discomfort. What can I do to get rid...

Nausea after lunch [ 2 Answers ]

MY girlfriend is experiencing nausea after lunch recently. This happened almost everyday after lunch. Is this a symptom of pregnancy? :confused: I thought pregnancy happened as morning sickness after waking up.

View more questions Search