Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MJ2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 03:03 PM
    Bidding on contracts
    I am in the process of starting a home based janitorial service. Where are smaller bids posted that would be better suited for an entry level new company looking for their first contract?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2008, 05:12 PM

Most are not "posted" you have to go out and visit and sale your service, and give them bids
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2008, 05:54 AM

Hi, MJ2!

What sort of experience do you already have cleaning for others in order to make a profit for yourself, please? It would be helpful to know that.

I have a number of small businesses that I run. Almost all of them are in some kind of service industry.

As far as getting your new contracts, Fr_Chuck is correct. You're going to have to do a lot of work promoting yourself. If you'd like to know more about how to do that, please let me know.

Thanks!

Nov 25, 2008, 10:06 AM

I have about 6 months working for a janitorial company a couple of years ago. Yes I would appreciate any tips or info that I can get because I really can't afford to make any mistakes
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2008, 06:12 AM

Hi again, MJ2!

Are you looking to get into commercial or home cleaning or even both, please? It will be helpful to know that.

Thanks!

Nov 27, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Both I keep reading about you talking about free advertising on-line the only free sites I know is craigslist what are the other ones
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Hello MJ:

Advertising is great. You MIGHT get a few phone calls from ads. Then you're going to have to pay 'em a visit...

In my view, NOTHING replaces personal contact. People do business with people they like. If you're looking for small business's to clean, I'd go out knocking on doors, and then I'd knock on them again, and again, and I wouldn't stop until I got their business.

excon

Nov 27, 2008, 08:38 AM

If you are really an ex-con have you ever placed a bid on a government contract and did they do a background check or has anyone else done one on you while trying to get a contract
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2008, 09:24 AM
    Hello again, MJ:

That's the beauty of being a CONTRACTOR instead of an employee. What a CONTRACTEE is concerned about is whether you're GOOD, first off, and then then if you're bonded and insured.

If you're really an exconvict, as you let on, you CAN get bonded, and you CAN get insured.

I'm sure if you're going to clean government buildings they'll probably want to know about you... But, there's a jillion of private companies that want to do business with people who do what they say they're going to do, do it regularly, and who won't rip them off. It doesn't hurt that they like 'em too.

excon
    HBF Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Dec 12, 2008, 10:00 AM

Merchant Circle is a great place to advertise. It gets picked up very nicely by the search engines, is very detailed and best of all... free!

Good luck!
    Stacy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Bidding [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to bid on cleaning banks without sq. footage? I have the specs.

Bidding on Government Contracts [ 3 Answers ]

I am search of the application process of being able to bid on government contracted construction jobs

Bidding for my area [ 1 Answers ]

What are the going rates for post construction clean up in the state of Missouri or how would I find out

Bidding on a job [ 2 Answers ]

Hello... my name is Dan and I've just recently decided on going into business for myself. I've decided that commercial pressure washing is what I want to do but I'm not sure how to bid on the job. Is there a certain formula to use concerning the amount of money to charge?

View more questions Search