Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aliceinmaine Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Install of Honeywell RTh221B thermostat
    How do I install an Honeywell RTH221B thermostat?? I have a red, white and green wires on the old tthermostat. Where do the new terminals Y, G, Rh, Rc, and W connect to the old wires?? :)
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Nov 24, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Is this for heat only? A/C only? Or both?
    aliceinmaine Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 07:03 AM
    It is heat only on a water baseboard heat--no fan.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 25, 2008, 07:08 AM
    List the old wire colors.
    List the exact model and brand of the old thermostat
    List exactly where the old wire colors were attached to the pld thermostat, I know you followed the thermostat instructions when it told you to identify and mark the old wires before you removed them.

Your instructions for the new thermostst since you might have lost them,

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...69-2060EFS.pdf
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2008, 07:45 AM

If the terminals are the same the only difference should be connect Rc to Rh and use as R.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Install of a Honeywell RTH221 Thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced a White Rodgers thermostat with a Honeywell RTH221. When I removed the wires there was only a white, green, red and brown. I am assuming the brown is suppose to be the yellow wire. I hook up the wires and all that I am getting when I turn on the air conditioning is hot air and the...

Honeywell RTH221b [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a very old thermostat that only has two wires, a red and a white. I am not sure about the wiring to the new Honewell...

Honeywell Thermostat Install [ 3 Answers ]

After an answer on this site I purchased a new thermostat today capable of central heat/cool and also for a heat pump. It is the Honeywell RTH6400. I currently have a White Rodgers (9510E7) rectangular thermostat. I am still having problems figuring which wires go where. Currently there are 8...

Wire a honeywell thermostate RTH221B [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to wire this into an RV My wire are 7.5 V-red, cool Yellow, Fur White, Fan Blue, Ground Green Where do these go on the honeywell. Thanks Allen

Wiring of a thermostat RTH221B Honeywell [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Folks, I have a basic Honneywell programmable electronic thermostat (Honeywell RTH221B) that I would like to use to replace the existing very basic and very old (turn knob type) thermostat in my apartment. I read the install manual but it doesn't tell me where to connect the existing wiring....

View more questions Search