Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbkitty11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Looking for title and/or actors
    1980s-1990s late night Cinemax/Showtime movie. Plot is husband wife have marriage problems and get away to rekindle their marriage. They go to a house in the desert near a railroad track. She meets a guy at a bar and he and another girl go back to the wife's house. Husband is left stranded and tries to save wife by riding some motorcycle and crashes. Wife tricks the guy into thinking she likes him and works on the other girl to let her free. I remember something about maple syrup in the kitchen.
    Couchcarrot Posts: 590, Reputation: 41

Nov 26, 2008, 10:49 PM
    Some of the details sound different, but some of the other ones you mention
    Sound a lot like "Breakdown," 1997, or what I remember of it. It has been on
    Showtime, also, in the past. See if the synopsis rings any bells:

BreakdownSynopsis Overview Showtimes Movie Details Fan Reviews Full Synopsis Cast & Crew

In this suspense thriller, a man discovers the unexpected danger of trusting a good Samaritan. Jeff Taylor (Kurt Russell) and his wife Amy (Kathleen Quinlan) are driving through the New Mexico desert en route to California when an incident with a lunatic driver causes their jeep to break down in the middle of nowhere. Jeff is trying to fix the vehicle when an apparently friendly truck driver, Red Barr (J.T. Walsh), stops by to offer help. Red tells the couple that there's a diner a few miles down the road where they can call for help; Jeff decides to stay with the car while Amy hops a ride with Red to see if she can find a mechanic to help them. After a long wait, Jeff is able to get the jeep running again, and he discovers that the diner is indeed a few miles down the road. But everyone there claims they've seen no sign of Amy, and Red claims to know nothing about picking her up. When Jeff attempts to file a missing person's report, he discovers mysterious disappearances are disturbingly common in this stretch of the desert; he soon realizes that someone has kidnapped his wife, but he's not sure who, or for what purpose. ~ Mark Deming, All Movie Guide

Movie data provided by

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie Title or Actors [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to remember the name of a movie from the late 80's early 90's about 3 friends, murder, and money. There's a scene with the money buried under the floor boards. It's similar in style to "A Simple Plan", but it has English Actors. Can someone help me out?

Bad actors? [ 5 Answers ]

OK, this bugs me a lot when I watch movies or television shows. Why do the people get bad actors? It completely ruins the whole movie, and I don't get it at all. Does it have something to do with money? Is the appearance of the actor all that matters these days?

Don't remember a movie's title or actors names but clerly know its subject [ 3 Answers ]

Hi to everyone I saw this movie maybe 3 or 4 years ago. Unfortunately I don't remember its title or actors names. The subject is: On a island somewhere in the Ocean, not far fron the continent, a family lived there. It consists of father, mother and one boy, maybe he was 6 - 10 years old....

Need actors name and/or movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows who this actor is ? From a movie in the 70s Do not have any other info Thanks

Top Gun Actors [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of bald actor who is Tom Cruise's commanding officer in the beginning of the movie? The guy who smokes cigars and has the famous "Rubber Dog Sh*t out of Hong Kong" line? Sorry for being to vague

View more questions Search