Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muscles_k Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Is the baby eligible for a passport?
    Hi,
    I have a German Ancestral passport. My grandparents were from Germany. I also hold a South Africa passport and have studied Teaching in Pretoria, South Africa the last 2 years. I lived in the UK for 6 years 2000-2006 and am going back to Scotland in February. My father works and lives there. I am pregnant and will be having the baby in Scotland as I am going to be there at the time. I am not married but my partner of 4 years is the father of the baby.
    My first question is, will the baby be eligible for a German passport, or will it get a British Passport because it will be born there?
    My partner is an international sportsman and we travel a lot, depending on the training and events that he partakes in. We will be in Europe 3 moths before and after the baby is born as my partner is taking part in the World Air Games in Italy (June 2009) and will be training there. Also, because we are not married, will he be able to apply for some kind of visa which allows him to stay in Europe with me for a longer time? (like a partnership passport or something?)
    Thanks a lot for your help,
    Kind regards
    x0x
    gettricey Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 10:30 AM

See Welcome to Travel.State.Gov
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 25, 2008, 05:15 PM

The baby will not get British citizenship... this law has been changed.

The baby will inherit your citizenship and its father IF he reports birth of this baby at the nearest consulate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

UK passport holders having a baby abroad [ 1 Answers ]

To whom it may concern, My husband and I are both UK passport holders. I also hold a South African passport. We are having a baby in South Africa and would like to know if the baby will be entitled to a British passport. Would they have a full English passport without being naturalized in...

Am I eligible for a Portugeuse Passport? [ 1 Answers ]

My both my maternal grandparents and my mother were born in the Cape Verde Islands (when they were still a territory of Portugal). I'm looking to relocate to the UK and a friend told me that I should be able to get a Portuguese passport; without forfeiting my US citizenship. I was born in the US...

View more questions Search