Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dawn09 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 08:42 AM
    After 16years, can they still call?
    I have a debt collector calling my house half a dozen times a day, trying to collect a debt they say my hubby has owed from 1992? I'm pretty sure we've paid the debt YEARS ago. And it is NOT on our credit report. This lady is extremely rude when we try to talk to her.It's been 16 years, can they even try to collect a debt still, and if not, who do I call? She's calling from 8am until 9pm ALL day?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 24, 2008, 08:47 AM

Yes they can call but its very likely they no lomnger have any legal recourse in court to force payment. Get caller ID and block her calls or change your number. Before you do this accept one last call. Tell her you will not accept further calls and all communication must be in writing and proof of the debt must be send certiofied mail to your attorney. Just pick a name from the yellow pages, she isn't going to mail him anything anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got a call from a collection agency who was taping my call [ 2 Answers ]

I just got a call from a collection agaency and wanted to gather information about a mastercard debt I owe. I told them that I don't own a mastercard, then they preceded to tell me my ss # and asked me if it was mine. I told them that the ss # was mine and how did they get my ss # since I don't own...

Should I call [ 4 Answers ]

Me and this guy were supposed to be meeting for a drink this week at my suggestion. I have been waiting all week for him to call but he hasn't. We have been out before and got on really well. Why hasn't he called and should I call him.

Why doesn't he call [ 3 Answers ]

I really like this guy and thought he liked me. We met up a few times and things were going well, I then unfortunately became ill and couldn't see him for a while but he was very patient and said he would wait until I was feeling better. My confidence was low and we eventually agreed to meet a...

Should I call him? [ 4 Answers ]

I met a very lovely guy, we exchanged the phone numbers and had a first date. Afterwards we've been in touch sending text and then one week later met on the street and he immediately propose another meeting. I was a bit scared to agree and told him I'll inform him about the time in the evening....

Who can I call? [ 1 Answers ]

I have A girlfriend in Ghana. I paid for her passport and required her to send me a copy. Who can I call to find out if the passport is good and belongs to her? Peterlyas01

View more questions Search