Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2006, 01:25 PM
    UN wants your guns 7/04/06
    Read the following, wake up everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Link:
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul330.html
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 27, 2006, 01:38 PM
    Well, I guess I will have to bury mine in the backyard if this happens. No one will take my rights away from me.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2006, 02:01 PM
    The UN doesn't want anything but more money. Bush and his super rich new world order want your guns. Why, because our quailty of life is fixing to take a big dip when they introduce us to their big scheme. That is not all they are going to take away. All chemicals we use, even in kid's chemistry sets, are about to be banned.

http://www.unitednuclear.com/legalaction.htm
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jun 27, 2006, 06:19 PM
    They will not get mine. I will go down fighting.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 28, 2006, 06:12 AM
    If they want 'em, Come and get 'em!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2006, 06:33 AM
    I'm not saying lewrockwell.com is lying or that mr.yet is trying to mislead in any way, but I always wonder when I see sites like this: Is it all true?

We all know that anyone can say anything on a website. Is Ron Paul's article/letter/announcement posted on a news site or other site that is more well known?

... or is there a more known site that explains the details of the UN Conference?
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2006, 07:02 AM
    Additionial information from CNN:

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...1735824548.htm
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2006, 07:05 AM
    Very interesting. The CNN link describes the situation very differently than the headline of the lewrockwell link.
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2006, 07:08 AM
    When people read things on activist's sites, they should always check reliable sources for "the rest of the story".
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2006, 07:10 AM
    It would to appear the lewrockwell link has incorrect mis-info, I have been searching to another link to Ron Paul message.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2006, 07:12 AM
    From the CNN article:

"the U.N. conference will look only at illegal arms and "does not in any way address legal possession"

Rick got it right.
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2006, 07:17 AM
    Ron Paul Link:

http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2006/tst062606.htm
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2006, 07:17 AM
    Thanks for pointing to that detail Need.

... worthy of repeating in bold, then:

Quote Originally Posted by rickj
    When you read things on activist's sites, you should always check reliable sources for "the rest of the story".
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jun 28, 2006, 07:50 AM
    Does that mean they want my old Soviet T34 tanks back,that I bought? :D
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 28, 2006, 08:30 AM
    This is so typical of the NRA. And I suspect Ron Paul is a card carrying member. They are so paranoid about ANY attempt to keep weapons out of the hands of criminals, that they fight tooth and nail, usually with a load of misinformation, any reasonable gun control legislation.

Yes I know the argument that criminals don't follow the law, but lets look at one specific case. The LIRR massacre a few years back. The shooter, Colin Ferguson, traveled to California and took up residence in a motel for 2 weeks to get a gun. Is it unreasonable to require a more stable residential history before allowing the purchase of a deadly weapon?

As I said in another thread, I believe that Americans have the right own guns. But I also believe that reasonable gun control can help prevent many of the tragedies we hear about.

And I don't think rabble rousing like the misinformation spouted by Ron Paul helps the matter.
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2006, 09:05 AM
    Well imagine that will you? The main stream press in America, which is owned by only a chosen few, might not tell us everything that is going on. Someone leaked the fact that we are all being illegally wire tapped and now the government is accusing them of treason! Snitched on the government for breaking the law, violating the constitution and that is treason? How about the North American Union, which is becoming a reality right under our noses... which one of your "legitimate" news sources told you about that?

Man, the people of this country have become exactly what Stalin said they would be. As long as everyone has a Television set and Hostess cup cakes, you could take over America without firing a shot! The funny thing is, anyone that tries to point it out, is considered a whacko. Well, I would rather be a whacko than just another sheep. Want to think outside the box Sheeple? Naaaa, Naaaa, Naaaa, Naaaaa!
    http://www.worldrevolution.org/article/875

Asked by an audience member for his thoughts on Fox's larger ratings share than CNN's, Turner said, "Just because your ratings are bigger doesn't mean you're better."

"It's not how big you are, it's how good you are that really counts," Turner said, drawing hoots from the audience.

So, Mr. Turner equates the news business as a good screwing? That may be a Freudian slip but I say that pretty well sums it up!
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2006, 09:25 AM
    Look closer: It seems that we're getting a much more accurate version of the story from the mainstream press (CNN) than we are from the site supposedly reporoducing something a Congressman said.

(Don't assume too much here: I have very little respect for mainstream press. I don't watch or read the news - and very frequently only learn of serious stories (like the Tsunami) long after they happen.)
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2006, 09:49 AM
    Here is the UN and your "legitimate" American Press in action!

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/turner.htm

http://www.getusout.org/artman/publi...index_22.shtml
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2006, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Read the aritcle in the first link Rick and then tell me that CNN is not pushing their own agenda. With that, could some parts of world news be "doctored" or left out completely? Honestly.
    I agree. I'm not defending them at all. CNN, in my opinion, is near the bottom of the dung heap of the big outfits that claim to give us "news".
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 28, 2006, 10:20 AM
    CNN is definatley near the bottom of the dung heap. I have heard people call it Communist News Network.

But I watch more Blue's Clues than News, so what do I know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search