Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maree Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jun 27, 2006, 11:57 AM
    Has anyone had vision therapy?
    Hi Everyone!

I was recently diagnosed with Strabismus. I can't remember the last time that I did not see double. The doctor that I have been seeing said that my case was more severe than what he has ever seen in the past.
    A little over 2 weeks ago I started to do the home vectogram eye exercises 2 to 3 times a day. There really has been a great improvement in my vision but when I woke up yesterday morning the room was spinning and I could not hold any food or liquid down the whole day. It felt like the hangover from hell,and I didn't even drink anything! I called the doctor and he said that he did not think it was from the exercises. Could be a bad case of the flu. He even suggested that I go for an MRI to see if a tumor might be the cause of the problem. I would like to know if anyone has experienced similar side affects from these exercises or if there is a flu or virus that recently has been causing these symptoms. Thanks for your time in this matter and I will be happy to hear any replies...

Mary
    prettyNpink3795 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2006, 07:25 PM
    Hi Mary! I'm not a doctor, so don't take my advice to heart, but I have worked for an Optometrist for the past 2 years and I've noticed that patients who have double vision get RX's with a prism. 99% if the time, the prism sorrects their double vision.

Also, I'm unfamiliar with the exercises, but something that extreme coming on so soon after starting vision therapy seems likely to be tied together. It's kind of upsetting that your doctor would brush it off as a possible case of the flu, or even something like a tumor! The doctor himself should have the capability to dialate your pupil and use his microscope to look through your eye and make sure a tumor is not the problem.

Hope this helps...
    velvetjones Posts: 78, Reputation: 11

Oct 25, 2006, 04:31 PM
    Was surgery ever suggested?
    Jnkmeiwes Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Dec 16, 2006, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maree
    Hi Everyone!

I was recently diagnosed with Strabismus. I can't remember the last time that I did not see double. The doctor that I have been seeing said that my case was more severe than what he has ever seen in the past.
    A little over 2 weeks ago I started to do the home vectogram eye exercises 2 to 3 times a day. There really has been a great improvement in my vision but when I woke up yesterday morning the room was spinning and I could not hold any food or liquid down the whole day. It felt like the hangover from hell,and I didn't even drink anything! I called the doctor and he said that he did not think it was from the exercises. Could be a bad case of the flu. He even suggested that I go for an MRI to see if a tumor might be the cause of the problem. I would like to know if anyone has experienced similar side affects from these exercises or if there is a flu or virus that recently has been causing these symptoms. Thanks for your time in this matter and I will be happy to hear any replies...

Mary
    I don't think strabismus could cause the symptoms you describe. Strabismus is weak Extraocular eye musles, I doubt they could cause what you feeling.
    mosesgt Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Mar 26, 2007, 10:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maree
    Hi Everyone!

Mary
    What you experienced was vertigo. It often is caused by having the tiny particles in your inner ear dislodged. They are called otolyths. There are simple exercises you can do to put them back where they belong. Basically, you do what ever it is that makes you dizzy & keep doing it until it stops. Have a bucket by the bed! Your doctor can give you the details.
    Meniere's disease is another cause. If you do not have a low pitched ringing in your ears & a hearing loss, then you do not have that.
    I thought surgery was the only real treatment for strabismus, especially a serious case like yours. Good luck & God Bless!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will therapy help me? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been with my girl for 7 months she told me the other day that she wants to spend the rest of her life with me. She is 25 and I am 20 before she met me she slept with my friend it did'nt affect me at first until I started to love her she told me that she he was ugly but she slept with him...

Shark Therapy [ 1 Answers ]

Have any of you guys heard of this? My teeth are in bad shape and I'm scared sihtless of the dentist. I know something has to be done so I'm seriously looking into this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

95 Eagle Vision Doesn't Start Sometimes... [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 95 Eagle Vision that won't start sometimes and dies while we're driving occasionally. It's not the battery or starter or fuel pump. We've had a mechanic look at it, and he thinks he's narrowed it down to one of three different sensors (or perhaps the whole computer), but doesn't know...

Weird vision [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been having trouble with my vision lately and do not know what is wrong. All of last week and this week so far, I have all of a sudden been squinting my eyes to read the chalkboard in school. I am kind of just waiting too see if it will go away. Does anyone know if maybe I need...

View more questions Search