Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adonimaveaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 12:11 AM
    Deceased disabilities funds
    Can I collect my deceased mothers disability?
    ATYOURSERVICE Posts: 246, Reputation: 13

Nov 24, 2008, 01:44 AM

Interesting question.
    no.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2008, 02:18 AM

Hi, adonimaveaz!

In order for those who do come along to address your question, it would help if you would let us know how old you are and where you are located, please?

If you're at a certain age and also meet certain qualifying criteria, then it's possible that you might be able to receive the disability income, if it's concerning social security.

Thanks!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2008, 07:18 PM

No, you cannot do this. More than likely if your mother is dead, the government should be informed of her death and her benefits checks or deposits should cease coming. If you were to collect her check should she somehow "slip through the cracks" in the system, then for each check or deposit of your mothers you keep is considered one criminal count. You could land in jail for illegally keeping mom's disability benefits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Withdrwaing funds from deceased account [ 2 Answers ]

My Granda just recently passed on 10/21/08. She has monthly payments from her retirement and from Social Secuiry that are direct depoited into her acoount monthly. After her death I called both offices and advised then of her passing. I just checked her account and noticed that the retirement was...

American with Disabilities Act [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have experience in the Americans with Disabilities Act that can provide me some guidance? Here is a short synopsis of the problem: We are a small business, employing approximately 35 people. We have a young woman who has worked for us for almost 3 years. She is in a wheelchair and...

Learning Disabilities [ 5 Answers ]

Excuse me I have destroyed your time. I am Vidya Badal, female, aged 17 years, live at Banepa Kavre district in Nepal. We are four in family. I am elder one. Recently I have finish high school education and join proficiency certificate level (PCL) nursing In Shraddha Nursing Institute. I paid Nrs...

SS Disabilities ? That are asked [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My wife will be going up for her hearing next month and I called I lawyer to ask if there were going to be a meeting between the three of us to go over the ? That would be asked and how to respond. He said that he dosen't want a lot of thoughts in a persons head thinking about the case and...

Disabilities act [ 2 Answers ]

The Americans with Disabilities Act of ____ requires businesses to provide equal access to individuals with disabilities including Web content and services. a.1990 b.1999 c.2002 d.2004 I have already tried Google search and could not find the answer.

View more questions Search