Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Passerby1010 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2006, 10:50 AM
    Drain Cleaner in Washer Pipe?
    Would it hurt anything if I tried pouring some drain unclogger like Liquid Plumber in my washing machine drain pipe? It keeps overflowing, but I don't want to create a bigger problem.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 27, 2006, 11:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Passerby1010
    Would it hurt anything if I tried pouring some drain unclogger like Liquid Plumber in my washing machine drain pipe? It keeps overflowing, but I don't want to create a bigger problem.
    It wouldn't hurt but I question how much it will help. Washer clogs consist of fiber matted with grease. I've never had too much luck using Drano or Liquid Plumber on fiber clogs. About the only sure way that I know of to clear a washer clog is to snake out the line from the washers roof vent.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Height of drain pipe for washer [ 2 Answers ]

Sorry, but I think this may be a totally rookie question. Instead of having our washing machine discharge into a sanitary tub I added a T to the drain and made a dedicated drain for the washer. The height of the pipe was only about half of the height of the washer itself. Now, when the washer tries...

3/4" copper pipe for washer drain? [ 20 Answers ]

Parents moved into new ranch style house, and bought new washer/dryer. Drain for washer is what looks like a 1" copper stub with a 3/4" conversion fitting on it. Its about 6" off the ground. plastic bendable hose drain for washer has a rubber gasket-type fitting around it which fits in 2" PVC...

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

Washer Drain pipe leak [ 5 Answers ]

My washer Drain had a pretty serious leak. It is commomed up with a drain from the suite above me right after the drain trap. The day that it leaked the drains were augered as a part of routine building maintenance. The leak stopped on it's own and hasn't leaked since. Can anyone suggest some...

Chemical drain cleaner [ 2 Answers ]

Do you recommend the routine use of a chemical drain cleaner in sinks? If so which one and how ofter? Thanks, RB

View more questions Search