Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Littlegenie Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2006, 09:05 AM
    Melederm
    Hi Guys,

I'v just registered with this forum and I just want to know if anyone has used Melederm and got results from it as I have just purchased my first jar and I don't want to get my hopes up only to be disappointed. I've done a bit of research on the product and found some promising reviews, has anyone here used it yet? :confused:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2006, 10:26 AM
    Don't get your hopes up. I did some surfing and can't find a single good review of the product.

... of course all the sites that sell it say it's great...
    hindude Posts: 52, Reputation: 4

Jun 28, 2006, 09:30 PM
    Hey Littlegenie. I've used their product with some success. Some people say its good, others not so much. You might be able to find some more info on if you search for "Whiter skin" which is the name is used to go by. I found a couple of reviews at http://www.smartskincare.com/reviews...onidx/lighten/

Best of luck to you.

Jun 30, 2006, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hindude
    hey Littlegenie. I've used their product with some success. Some people say its good, others not so much. You might be able to find some more info on if you search for "Whiter skin" which is the name is used to go by. I found a couple of reviews at http://www.smartskincare.com/reviews...onidx/lighten/

best of luck to you.

I have only been using it for a couple of days yet, so its too early to tell if its working. But for the benefit of other members of this forum I have taken a 'before' picture so I can show you guys the difference after a few weeks.
    I'll keep you posted.;)
    Meena221 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2006, 05:11 PM
    Littlegenie,

Well let us know how it goes. If you do not mind me asking what is your ethnicity, skin tone color, are you using any products along with melederm? I recently got an email from civant saying if you buy one you get the another jar for free. Also that they are discontiuning the melderm cream in a week and replacing it with toners, exfoliaters, etc. It beens 3 to 4 weeks now. I do not think they are discontuining the line.

There product or there line used to be called "Whiterskin" and now they have completed changed there marketining stragery. Whiterskin was for skinlightening and now they say its not for skin lightening (only to get rid of tan, discolorations).

Check out this board a lot of members using this product: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/brighterskin/

Its leading the polls
    hindude Posts: 52, Reputation: 4

Jul 1, 2006, 12:21 AM
    I'm on their mailing list too. I think that offer was for the lightening lotion not the cream. I bought the lotion back when it was whiterskin and didn't have any real results with it. The cream however worked to lighten my face a few shades.

Jul 1, 2006, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Meena221
    Littlegenie,

Well let us know how it goes. If you do not mind me asking what is your ethnicity, skin tone color, are you using any products along with melederm? I recently got an email from civant saying if you buy one you get the another jar for free. Also that they are discontiuning the melderm cream in a week and replacing it with toners, exfoliaters, etc. It beens 3 to 4 weeks now. I do not think they are discontuining the line.

There product or there line used to be called "Whiterskin" and now they have completed changed there marketining stragery. Whiterskin was for skinlightening and now they say its not for skin lightening (only to get rid of tan, discolorations).
    I have asian skin, a little darker maybe than olive skintone. I don't necessarily want to lighten a few shades, I just want even skin tone. I have dark circles around my eyes too and I'm hoping this cream will help get rid of them.
    The only other product I'm using alongside it is my usual moisturizer by Olay.
    Meena221 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2006, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hindude
    I'm on their mailing list too. I think that offer was for the lightening lotion not the cream. I bought the lotion back when it was whiterskin and didnt have any real results with it. The cream however worked to lighten my face a few shades.

What was your before skin and now after? How long did you use it for? Did you use the whiterskin formula or the melederm fomrula?
    flawfull but hopeful!x Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2006, 05:30 AM
    Hi... I am too like you, I have dark circles under my eye and round my mouth... can I use this product? I am indian... so brown skin colour. And I don't want to go lighter all over I just want even skin tone too but what happens if I just apply cream to the areas that are pigmented will it go lighter than other parts of my face... oh why is it so confusing! Does any one know the long term effects of these creams. And does anyone know of any creams that actually really really work. I think the sun has made my skin loads of different colours!

Jul 4, 2006, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by flawfull but hopeful!x
    hi... i am too like you, i have dark circles under my eye and round my mouth... can i use this product? i am indian... so brown skin colour. and i dont want to go lighter all over i just want even skin tone too but what happens if i just apply cream to the areas that are pigmented will it go lighter than other parts of my face.... oh why is it so confusing! does any one know the long term effects of these creams. and does anyone know of any creams that actually really really work. i think the sun has made my skin loads of different colours!
    I have certainly noticed that my skin is in better condition during these last few days, I don't think its any lighter though. Only time will tell... I'm going to resist taking any more pics until after 3 weeks of use. I love the cream though.. its not greasy and feels very moisturizing. If it does turn out to be a glorified moisturizer, I'm going to be very... very P****d off.:mad:
    One thing I'm worried about is that IF I do get lighter, my dark circles may stand out more. I'v had them all my life, but they weren't noticeable when I was younger... 4 children later, and going on 29 yrs... I look like a racoon.
    I'v tried Hylexin and it doesn't work so don't be tempted to try it!!
    babyfat Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2006, 09:49 PM
    I used it lonnng time ago every day and it lightend me up prety good. It took some time though. Nowadays I just use it 1 or maybe 2 times in a week.

Jul 5, 2006, 11:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlegenie
    Hi Guys,

I'v just registered with this forum and i just want to know if anyone has used Melederm and got results from it as i have just purchased my first jar and i dont want to get my hopes up only to be dissappointed. I've done a bit of research on the product and found some promising reviews, has anyone here used it yet? :confused:
    Hi littlegenie...

Thank you for your reply to me, its much appreciated. I was hoping you could be updated about how it goes. I've also now noticed a darker area on my upper lip - I wax there so was wondering if that's got something to do with it? I'm getting really stressed out that my skin is going to keep getting worse and worse. I'm only 24, do you think everyone is searching in vain for skin lightening products because mainly on this site no one has really said yes this works for definite and the ones that have, everyone seems to question for self advertising. I don't mind spending a lot of money on sorting this out, so do you think I could go to a proffessional, like a surgeon or something because it's the only thing I feel insecure about and want to get rid of it more than anything in the world. Keep in touch, thank you x

Jul 6, 2006, 03:54 AM
    hi littlegenie...

thank you for your reply to me, its much appreciated. i was hoping you could be updated about how it goes. ive also now noticed a darker area on my upper lip - i wax there so was wondering if thats got something to do with it? im getting really stressed out that my skin is going to keep getting worse and worse. im only 24, do you think everyone is searching in vain for skin lightening products because mainly on this site no one has really said yes this works for definite and the ones that have, everyone seems to question for self advertising. i dont mind spending a lot of money on sorting this out, so do you think i could go to a proffessional, like a surgeon or something because its the only thing i feel insecure about and want to get rid of it more than anything in the world. keep in touch, thank you x

Hi flawfull but hopeful,

Maybe you should try lightening the hair on your upper lip with a cream bleach or something instead of waxing. My upper lip skin also gets irritated if I try waxing it, I sort of break out in really painful spots with white heads so I never wax my face. Waxing shouldn't really make your skin darker but I guess everyone's skin reacts in different ways.
    Like you I also feel that maybe these companies just want to make money out of women's insecurities, sometimes we believe only what we want to believe... whenever a new product is launched promising results that sound too good to be true, at a price that's rocket high, we think that because its so expensive it MUST be good and it MUST work... but sadly this is not the case on most occasions.
    Maybe you should visit a cosmetic surgeon, especially if you feel so strongly about it... but just remember that there are other things to think about when going this route as some people end up looking worse after surgery. You need to be realistic about the results you want from surgery. Maybe you should consider something less drastic such as laser treatment, microdermabrasion or a chemical peel these treatments are mostly targeted at wrinkles so I'm not really sure if these will help lighten your skin.:)

Jul 6, 2006, 04:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlegenie
    Hi flawfull but hopeful,

Maybe you should try lightening the hair on your upper lip with a cream bleach or something instead of waxing. My upper lip skin also gets irritated if i try waxing it, i sort of break out in really painful spots with white heads so i never wax my face. Waxing shouldnt really make your skin darker but i guess everyones skin reacts in different ways.
    Like you i also feel that maybe these companies just wanna make money out of womens insecurities, sometimes we believe only what we want to believe...whenever a new product is launched promising results that sound too good to be true, at a price thats rocket high, we think that because its so expensive it MUST be good and it MUST work....but sadly this is not the case on most occasions.
    Maybe you should visit a cosmetic surgeon, especially if you feel so strongly about it...but just remember that there are other things to think about when going this route as some people end up looking worse after surgery. You need to be realistic about the results you want from surgery. Maybe you should consider something less drastic such as laser treatment, microdermabrasion or a chemical peel these treatments are mostly targeted at wrinkles so im not really sure if these will help lighten your skin.:)

You don't understand how nice it is to talk to someone who has similar issues - when I speak to my friends (who are all white) they say they can't see it! But I know my skin is changing all the time! My skin is also only an issue because I'm quite natural looking and don't wear too much make up/ I don't suit it and so my skin is ever more untoned. Now I obsess about being ugly when I get married! (ahhhhhhh!) about surgery - I only want to help my skin look more healthy I'm not planning on changing drastically - but because my skin is so important to me I want the best for it and would rather wait a little longer to find out facts and spend a little bit more money so it can be done properly. I'm hoping surgeons/ dermatologist would know how to solve these problems?! I'm just sceptical if any of these creams do work - how is melederm for you at the moment? Haven't you been trying it? There must be something out there for these problems surely especially as I've realised I'm not the only one - where are you from? I'm from the uk so there is less on inidian skin tones and how to eradicate skin problems here... thanks again for all your advice and help, its much appreciated!x

Jul 6, 2006, 11:49 AM
    you dont understand how nice it is to talk to someone who has similar issues - when i speak to my friends (who are all white) they say they can't see it! but i know my skin is changing all the time! my skin is also only an issue because im quite natural looking and dont wear too much make up/ i dont suit it and so my skin is ever more untoned. now i obsess about being ugly when i get married! (ahhhhhhh!) about surgery - i only want to help my skin look more healthy im not planning on changing drastically - but because my skin is so important to me i want the best for it and would rather wait a little longer to find out facts and spend a little bit more money so it can be done properly. im hoping surgeons/ dermatologist would know how to solve these problems?!!!? im just sceptical if any of these creams do work - how is melederm for you at the moment? havent you been trying it? there must be something out there for these problems surely especially as ive realised im not the only one - where are you from? im from the uk so there is less on inidian skin tones and how to eradicate skin problems here............ thanks again for all your advice and help, its much appreciated!x
    Hiya flawfull but hopeful,

Im also in the uk, I live in stoke on trent.
    Although I am pakistani.. our ethnic skin tone is very similar, I tend to wear makeup everyday but purely because I hate the under eye darkness that I have.. if I didn't have these circles I probably wouldn't wear it. The rest of my skin isn't too bad for my age so I'm not complaining. And your right.. skin is one of the most important parts of our body... its the first thing everyone else sees and in my opinion its worth spending a few £££!! On.

I'm trying out Melederm because it was the only product I could find that didn't contain any harmful ingredients in it. I don't know if I'm imagining it but today when I looked in the mirror.. I felt that my skin looked brighter, but like I said before sometimes we only see what we want to see that's why I decided to take a 'before' picture so that I could compare it with an 'after' picture. Hey... the camera won't lie will it? If it don't work at least I won't be dis-illusioned, I'll have crystal clear evidence... and I won't bother buying another jar. Heheheheh!! ;)
    raid192 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2006, 05:52 PM
    I'm half white half pakistani and after seeing a picture of myself the other day I realized I really needed to even out my skin tone. I have some dark spots under my eyes as well as right above my nose and at first I decided to just get a tan to even it now but maybe lightening it would be better. Someone on another forum said C2 worked the best for them but I can't find it anywhere. Anyone heard of that stuff? I'm really not sure what to use. Guess I'll try that Melederm stuff.

Jul 13, 2006, 02:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by raid192
    I'm half white half pakistani and after seeing a picture of myself the other day i realized i really needed to even out my skin tone. I have some dark spots under my eyes as well as right above my nose and at first I decided to just get a tan to even it now but maybe lightening it would be better. Someone on another forum said C2 worked the best for them but I can't find it anywhere. Anyone heard of that stuff? I'm really not sure what to use. Guess I'll try that Melederm stuff.
    I googled C2 and found a discussion that might interest you. :)

http://skincarerx.com/phorum/read.php?3,21487
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Jul 13, 2006, 06:48 AM
    Hello littlegeni, could u provide us with their website if u have it? Thanks
    anousa82 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2006, 08:51 AM
    Melederm
    I just found this forum so I'm glad because I just bought melederm for my chin its abit darker than the rest of my face I hoped this cream would help me, has anyone found any positive results, I'm also thinking of using it on old acne marks.
    raid192 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2006, 05:37 PM
    Hey genie thanks for the link. That C2 stuff seems popular but kind of expensive. I think ill try out the melederm first. Basically I only have some discoloration on the bridge of my nose and under my eyes. If I use the stuff all over my face do you think I'll get an even skin tone? Or should I just put it on the dark areas? Id really like to put it all over my face but I'm afraid I won't get an even skin tone. Also can I use the stuff on the rest of my body. I got a little farmers tan I don't like =/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Melederm [ 27 Answers ]

Hi guys, I received my tub yesterday I used it before I went to sleep and again this morning but I had a crappy day, my skin was very greasy from the sun block I kind of over did it abit for fear that I may waste the cream and the effort. I want to know I'm using SPF 50+ just in case, but do I...

What's the deal with Melederm? [ 1 Answers ]

Does it actually lighten your skin or is it just a waste of money like everything else? I need to use it around my eyes (mainly under my eye brows) and I asked a Rep from the website and she said it was OK to use as long as you don't use it on the actual eyelids. Seeing how she IS a Rep for the...

Melederm [ 1 Answers ]

Hi littlegenie I'm very keen to find out how melederm has worked for you please I must know have you seen any results.

View more questions Search