Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sniperblade9 Posts: 138, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 05:57 PM
    Scared of death and religion
    I'm really scared of dying ever since I was young and I still am young. When I think about it I think of what will happen I won't hear anything c or do anything at all then I get sad and scared and I feel sick and it feels worse the longer I think of it and I just can't handle it. In the past I've got depressed and thought of suicide then I thought of that and it happened again... also I don't like religion because its boring. I do believe in god and all that other stuff but its just boring and I don't like it at all... I don't know what to do but at time I have asked god for help and why he has done stuff for me etc... and well you I don't know what to do and I don't really want to go to councling because every time I have I went to a mental hospital...
    dave146 Posts: 161, Reputation: 4

Nov 26, 2008, 03:28 PM

Well, I guess there is nothing wrong with being afraid of death. Iīm afraid of death too. We all are. Itīs just that everyone views it in a different way. Some might think of it as of a blessing, others as of a black end...

Suicide is pointless, I am guessing that you're about 14-16 (judging by the way you write). You should always think of it as of your last choice and thinking of it will make it worse. And death comes with suicide, and if you are scarred of death, then you should be scared of suicide too.

And if you are really thinking about suicide, speak too someone you trust, who is your friend and who you know can make you feel better. Or try someone on AMHD, if you are too shy.

Just do something with it, before you are too desperate. Then itīs too late.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 09:09 PM

If it is any comfort to you, the older you get the less afraid you are of death. Your life experiences will change as you grow older and you will come to understand things much better and hopefully gain some personal beliefs from your experiences they will stand you in good stead when times are tough. My advice is to stop thinking about death and start thinking about happier things. Our thoughts effect our mood and our mood effects our body. Plan to think about happier things, read inspirational books and watch funny movies. Life doesn't have to be so tough.
    Misery01 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 02:12 AM
    Don't let death get in the way of your happines
    Everybody has to die some time or another ' don't waste you'r life worring that's the worst thing you can do
    Live you'r life for what it is.
    Make the most ofit.
    So at least you can say I lived my life to best I could and I don't regreat a thing
    When your life is over either you w2on't know because your dead or you won't mind because you will bee in hevan
    Don't worry I don't
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2008, 02:23 AM

Hi, sniperblade9!

Since you say that you do believe in God, then how about going to a church of some kind? There, you'll be likely to find others like yourself, with whom you could possibly become friends, who also have the same fears as you do and who'll be able to share with you in person about how they deal with the fear and what how they view death in relation to their belief in God.

Just a thought for you...

Thanks!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2008, 08:04 AM

Not all churches are boring. Try looking for non denominational churches that are called things like The Rock,
    If you give me your general location (state and county)
    I can look up some for you.
    Some Assemblies of God churches are not boring either.

As far as your being afraid of dying, the younger you are the more you are likely to worry about it. You need to learn to stop obsessing on the things you can not change and enjoy the time God has given you here and now. Obsessing on what if's and when evers isn't going to accomplish a single good thing.
    I find it rather ironic that you are afraid to die but you consider suicide as a way out.
    Go to a good non boring church/Bible study and look for your answers. You very well could be feeling the way you do because you know and hunger for something more than the average life that many people are complacent with.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperblade9 View Post
    im really scared of dying ever since i was young and i still am young. when i think about it i think of wat will happen i wont hear anything c or do anything at all then i get sad and scared and i feel sick and it feels worse the longer i think of it and i just can't handle it. in the past ive got depressed and thought of suicide then i thought of that and it happened again....also i dont like religion because its boring. i do believe in god and all that other stuff but its just boring and i dont like it at all.... i dont know what to do but at time i have asked god for help and why he has done stuff for me etc... and well ya idk what to do and i dont really want to go to councling because every time i have i went to a mental hospital.....
    So you have been admitted to a mental hospital?

Are they treating you for the depression? Any medications or counseling?

In Rapid City there is free or greatly reduced cost mental help.

I'll look up a few places and post them for you.

Try contacting any one of these on the 2 sites,they can and will help to get free help.

http://local.yahoo.com/SD/Rapid+City...ggJiBCZWF1dHk-

http://www.yellowbook.com/category/m...ental%20health

Before you feel like taking a drastic measure,like suicide,give them a try.

KBC
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2008, 09:54 AM

Also, whenever you want to talk to someone to express your feeling you can call 1-800-273-talk. All calls are confidential and they are ooen 24 hours/7 days a week.
    petersandyglen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 02:50 PM
    All I can say is talk to Jehovah's Witnesses, they will give you the answer from the bible, not what they think. They have several leaflets to cover the subject, but the best way of all is to ask. No matter what others say about them, all they want is for people to live forever in happiness, that's what the bible teaches.
    God bless you and keep you safe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canter - Scared to death [ 7 Answers ]

Please help me?? I had a nasty fall about 10 weeks ago, a since then cannot get myself to canter. I`m not a pro, still learning, but have cantered in the past on casual outrides, and stayed on top. I see myself as a very novice rider, but I know I`m able to canter, just can`t get myself that...

I'm Scared to death. [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to get some opinions, as many as possible. My doctors shrug me off because I'm on DSHS. Since I was very young I've been fainting. In 05 I got pregnant, and fainted while showering. It has been happening more since I had my daughter. Everything turns green, my skin turns green, I...

Scared to death [ 3 Answers ]

I am 6 months pregnant... at 2 months I broke things off with the "father" because he started acting crazy and I realized that I did not love him at all and was still in love with my ex. After dumping him he pulled a few crazy stunts but stupidly I did not report them to the law . I wanted us to be...

Effexor xr (Scared to death) [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My gyn has put me on Effexor xr. I am just reading up on this medicine and I am scared to death. I am on my 3rd day and feel nauseous, but other than that okay. What scares me is when it's time to get off it. The doctor said she will only keep me on for one year and then give...

Scared to death [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all. My name is Jen. I am 21 years old. I live in Ohio. I have never been in trouble with the law before. I passed a bad check back in July. The check was for $145. And I went to court and the judge told me to pay my restitution which came to $175 and my court costs, which came to $260. Well I...

View more questions Search