Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ucinn1976 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 04:55 PM
    Whole House Water Filtration & Softener Systems
    I am about to purchase the third (and hopefully last) whole house water filtration system for my home in 11 years. The most recent system, AcquPure, has not been adequate in battling calcium.

I am considering the purchase of either Pelican PSE 1800 Premium Filter-Softener or Aquacera FSC10CJ7.

Does anyone have experience with either system?

Thank you.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2008, 06:37 PM

I had a whole house water filter. It was a charcoal fiberglass tank that I had a manual backflush system added to it. In the 11 years I lived in that house with that filter it was wonderful. Once a month I would backflush the system for about 15 minutes. Then every 3 years I would get brand new charcoal in the tank. The water was sparkling clean all the time. Would highly recommend this type of system. I would not go with any water softener as all you are doing is just adding salt into your water. Salt will happily eat holes and wear out your clothes. Charcoal does not do this. If anything my clothes would come out really clean and last a lot longer. My hair was really clean. My whole body felt cleaner. I now have salt added to the community's water and I don't like it one bit even though it improves the clarity of the water I don't like the fact of the salt factor I have to deal with. I'm probably going to get another charcoal whole house filter again.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2008, 09:20 PM

Before you do anything get the iron in your water tested. This will determine what kind of system you need to purchase.

http://www.apswater.com/how_to_selec...r_softener.asp

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best whole house water filtration system [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best and easiest whole house water filtration system?:confused: :confused:

Well water filtration systems. [ 2 Answers ]

OK... I'm trying to find some advice on well water filtration systems... at present we have a system in our house that's over 20 years old, they stopped making parts for it 9 years ago, and its on its last legs... so basically I'm doing as much research as I can to find a replacement system to get...

Water Softener for whole house [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, The plumbing set up in my house does not have a loop for a softener. So from what I have been told I would have to have softened water running throughout my house, kitchen included. (unless I spend a fortune to get plumbing redone) Is this a bad idea? Can anyone give me any advice...

View more questions Search