Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abarone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Kenmore Washing Machine will not turn on
    I have an older Kenmore washing machine (909483).

It was running a wash cycle, when it started the spin cycle it started banding since the clothes were unbalanced. I pushed in the know to make it stop, re-arranged the clothes, and turned back on but had accidentally turned the knob so it started filling with water again.

I pushed the knob to make it stop again, turned it to the correct position for the spin cycle, pulled the knob out to make it start and now it does nothing at all.

It will not turn back on no matter where I turn the knob. There is power going to the washer, I've checked the outlet.

Any ideas?
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 10:51 PM

Abarone - It is probably your timer or selector switch. Take them off and go to na appliance repair and have them checked out and if one of them is bad you can replace it . Before doing anything to the washer ,remove the power cord from the receptical :: STAY SAFE ;; HAve a good day AND GOD BLESS ;;
    F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine drum won't turn [ 2 Answers ]

Please can someone advise me what to do next as my washing machine has given up the will to live. After washing my sons ridiculously muddy rugby kit the machine refuses to spin or indeed even turn I have run the machine on empty several time to no avail. Could it be that the mud has somehow...

Kenmore Washing Machine [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore 70 series model 110 will not spin on any cycles

Kenmore Washing Machine [ 2 Answers ]

My Kenmore model # 110. 91551210 wahing machine, will not agitate or spin, in none of the cycles, it will fill with water and drain, I also can hear the moter running but it will not agitate or spin, what is the problem?:confused:

View more questions Search