Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    schryk Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2008, 07:58 PM
    Base board heat repair
    My system is gas. They needed to do this when they installed the new unit but they failed to cut the main and reroute the water in a way to create a continuous flow. Instead they just added two lines from the main creating a dead end.

HEATER
    L l
    L l
    L l
    _______________________l_________l________________ ____________
    Main line from furnace no break to furnace

How big of a job will it be to cut the main and place elbows to establish a continuous flow through the new heater? I will need to sweat new joints. I don't want to empty the whole system. Then how do I refill it?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 22, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Hey schryk:

Need to know how old the system is? Need to know how many zones? Need to know what kind of pipe we're dealing with and if possible, what size pipe. Is the pipe a black metal or a copper pipe.

Answer all questions so I can help best!

MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In floor radiant heat vs. Hot water base board [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a home built in 1960 which is heated by hot water base board heat. I am currently renovating the house and am looking at the possibility of installing in floor radiant hot water heat for the second floor. I would install this in the floor joists in the basement before I finish the...

No heat going to base board lines [ 1 Answers ]

HI, I recently extended a room into my garage I added 10 ft. of base board and now when I turn on my boiler neither the upstairs or downstairs lines get hot, I tried letting the boiler run with the drain valves above the 2 circulators open to let air out and nothing comes out...

Base Board Heater [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Wire A Double Pole Thermestate To A Baseboard Heater Using 12/2 Wiring.

Sizing of base board heat? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to put Electric Baseboard heat in a basement, it is approx. 25'w x 30'l. I am looking to put in 3 to 4 six-foot units that are 240v, 1500w & 6.3A. Will this be enough, or too much? What is the calculation for btu's to sq feet? The unit, which I selected, is 5100btu's ea. Is there a way...

View more questions Search