Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CKFlanag Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2008, 10:25 PM
    What does major settling & cracking of a concrete driveway indicate?
    The cement, that is right next to the house, that is basically the entire main driveway, has settled approximately 2 inches within the last month. What does that indicate? I am concerned that I may have a water drainage problem. My water meters do not indicate a leak... not sure what I should do next to figure out what is causing the settleing & cracking of the cement. Please advise. Thanks.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 07:41 AM

How old is the cement,and the house?

Are your down spouts draining above ground,or into a drainage tile?

How big is the area settling,2" or 2'?

Any signs of rodents,groundhogs,moles etc?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete driveway issues [ 4 Answers ]

I had a concrete slab poured in s. fl yesterday 7/29 by a contractor. It is connecting to an existing concrete drive and sidewalk. I noticed visible trowel marks along the edges and some little holes and visible rocks in some places (edges)... It was supposed to have a broom finish but the...

Bad concrete driveway [ 2 Answers ]

I had a driveway of 22'X80'X6" done. On day of pour it was very hot (80 to 90 degrees F.) The day of pour I noticed the surface flaking in several areas, Mostly small 1-2" spots in groups of a few to several. There is one area (that was shaded during pour) which is approx. 8' X 6' and has lost most...

Resurface concrete driveway [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone used quikrete concrete driveway resurfacer,what kind of results did you have.Thanks

Asphalt over a concrete driveway [ 2 Answers ]

We have a driveway that was installed when the home was built 1 1/2 years ago. The drive has numerous cracks, and pieces coming out. We have tried to get something done about it, but everyone wants to pass the buck. Can you asphalt over an existing concrete drive? Thanks!

Settling under driveway [ 2 Answers ]

I have an area at the edge of our concrete driveway that has settled So that we can see a 2 inch gap about 5 feet diameter below our Driveway. The concrete is reinforced with steel, but I am concerned About driving over this side of the driveway. Is there a good way to Fill in this area...

View more questions Search