Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1805 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2008, 06:35 PM
    First day payment
    I'am almost ready to do my second closing on my new home loan construction.To get the greastest benefit from this I'am told I must make the first payment on the loan the day it is activated. On the day the lender begins to charge interest on the money that I'am borrowing.How do I find out exactly when that day is?
    1805 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Since my new home construction loan is almost finished.To get the greastest benefit from this I'am told that ,
    I must make the first payment on my loan the day the loan is activated,on the day the lender begins to charge interest on the money. How do I know or find out exactly when that day is ? Since it is suppose to knocks some months/years off my house note.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 22, 2008, 07:17 PM

On ANY loan interest begins to accrue from the date the loan is issued. If you pay your first month's payment immediately then all of that payment will go towards principal, thereby reducing the principal balance on which interest accrues. So if you amortizr this over the life of the loan, you may shave a few months off.

Another trick is to make payemtns out of each paycheck rather than once a month. This also may result in reducing the principal balance on which interest accrues.

You need to check with your lender and make sure they will apply your payments immediately. Some may not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payment Plan Mortgage payment behind [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently off work for two months and unable to pay my mortgage payments. My company put me on a payment plan and now they are charging me with other fees that were not told to me. I want to know how can I find out if their practices are legal. Who is the watchdog for these companies. I am...

Can they reposess my car after they agree to payment arrangements and take my payment [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a car in 06 and I have been paying on it every two weeks. I have been a little behind but I still pay or talk to someone about when I will pay... I have never lost communication with these people. I am only one payment and some late charges behind Monday I made a payment on the due date of...

Can a collections agency refuse payment or payment arrangement ? [ 2 Answers ]

I owe a hospital bill of $1000 from back in march and it has gone to a collections agency. Now my problem is, my insurance company actually sent me the check to make the payment. They instructed me to put it into my checking account then send a personal check to the creditor. However when I put...

SUI payment [ 1 Answers ]

If an employee becomes sick, misses a lot of work days, and files for SUI; What does the employer pay the person while on sick leave?

View more questions Search