Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crimson1566 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2006, 07:21 PM
    What state would I pay income tax in?
    If I worked in one state but lived in another, which one would I pay income tax in? Sates would prob be Vermont and New Hampshire, or MA and NH.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 27, 2006, 09:33 PM
    Probably both, though the state you LIVE in will probably give you a credit for the taxes you pay to the state you WORK in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State taxes--source of income/residency [ 3 Answers ]

Hi So I was a student in NJ till last June (I'm still on F-1 from India), currently doing OPT in IL. I received a fellowship award to come work in IL for 11 months--the income was reported on 1099-MISC box 3. I'm filing as an independent contractor for my federal return. The non-profit that gave...

Income during F1-OPT [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian student. I had an income 7500$ during OPT in 2005, on which tax was deducted. This was from working at my university. Later I changed back to F1 because I went for PhD. Is this income completely tax exempt? My total income during 2005 is 12,000$.

No state income tax [ 1 Answers ]

What other state besides Tennessee does not have a state income tax on individual earnings?

State to state garnishing [ 1 Answers ]

Can the North Carolina Dept. of Revenue legally seize property, garnish wages or bank accounts of a South Carolina resident? Also, all property, wages, and accounts are in South Carolina.

Source of income different from state of work and residence [ 1 Answers ]

I was in F1- OPT from feb 1 of 2005 and got employed by a firm in NJ and am working as a IT tech support for a client in Nashville ,TN. I have been living in TN for about an year now. I have been paying the federal tax (15%) and also the NJ state tax till date. From August I have transferred to an...

View more questions Search