Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hollywood3323 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Siblings in same room
    I have a 6 year old boy and a three year girl are they legally allowed to share the same room in Ohio?
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2008, 04:49 PM

You may not get many responses to your question, but let me ask you two things: Do you think there is something wrong with this and if so why?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2008, 05:27 PM

Yes, are you the one with the kids, or are you perhaps a non custody parent ? What is your relationship to the kids ?

There are no laws in regard to this.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 22, 2008, 09:33 PM

Most child services recommend that when children reach the age of puberty that they be separated. Children at that age its not a problem at all except they might talk instead of sleeping.. lol
    If your really unsure just call and ask your local children's services or ask your pediatrician.
    ItWillGetBetter Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Nov 24, 2008, 08:25 AM
    I have a 7 year old boy and a 5 year old girl that sleep in the same room and share a set of bunk beds even though the girl has her own room she prefers to be with her brother (she gets scared sometimes). I do not think there is anything wrong with it but not sure as far as the law goes
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 24, 2008, 08:40 AM

I don't know anywhere where there is a law on this. Some child services agencies, some housing agencies may have guidelines on it for rental or other judgements.

If you are in a situation where you can't afford to give them separate rooms, then I wouldn't worry about it until they reach puberty.
    laurasrockin79 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 02:52 PM

I know that in Oregon thre is a law on this, but I know for sure that at this age there is not an issue. I am not sure what the age is for Oregon but I would not worry about it until the kids become a little bit older. I have found that the CPS in Oregon is not helpful with answering questions they are only good at asking them when you do something wrong you may have the same issue in your state. If you can afford it I would say call a family law lawyer where you live and ask them to find out if your state has a law on it and igf so at what age the law would be appiled.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 27, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by laurasrockin79 View Post
    I know that in oregon thre is a law on this,

Can you provide a cite for such a law? I've found it rare that that is legislated.
    dave146 Posts: 161, Reputation: 4

Nov 27, 2008, 02:58 PM

O, hi... oh, I think that it is morally (and legaly) okay, many siblings have to share a room and as far as I know, nothing went wrong. But you should really sperate them eventually, everyone likes their privacy ofrom a certain age. Oh, hope this helped.
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2008, 03:22 PM

Where do people get these bizarre ideas from that there would be a law barring opposite sex children from sharing a bedroom! It's absolutely amazing the things people believe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Siblings of opposite sex wants to share room. [ 1 Answers ]

My 8yr old son and 6yr old daughter want to share a room. I have 4 children altogether. The home we are in is a 4 bedroom and currently my 11yr old and 8 yr old boys are constantly fighting. My 4th child is only 7mos old and he wakes 3-4 times a night so he can't be roomed with my 8 yr old do to...

Interior room-to-room noise reduction [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I just moved into a home in Wheaton, IL. The house is great except for one thing: you can easily hear through the walls. For example, the master bathroom was placed along the main hallway, and you can hear... everything... not what you want when entertaining guests! I've read about...

How to take care of siblings? [ 2 Answers ]

How to take care of a 8year old old sibling and 6months old sibling at once?:confused:

Circuit breaker OK, but no electricity in living room/dining room [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 100 year old farm home. The lights went out in living room and dining room Thanksgiving night. The circuit breaker appears normal and the panel is OK. What went wrong?

Siblings and Inlaws [ 3 Answers ]

I have two older brothers who are both married, and I'm single. My middle brother and I both agree that when my Dad passes away the only people who will be able to make any decisions should be my two brothers and myself. My oldest brother wants his wife to be able to make decisions too. His wife is...

View more questions Search