Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HpesUpSn2BcrshD Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2008, 03:49 PM
    Boot camp so I can get sony vegas to work
    Hi. I have been trying to get this boot camp thing working for FOREVER!!
    For like 3 months I have been on almost everyday trying to figure this out.
    I made a video on my problem - YouTube - What do you do when this pops up on boot camp?
    And when somebody helps me with that problem , what do I do first to boot camp so I can get sony vegas soon?
    I am like so ready!
    I have tried seven downloads ( including apple site ) and it says the same thing for every time I download it.
    I've also tried parallels .
    HpesUpSn2BcrshD Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2008, 03:49 PM
    And I have a mac
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Nov 23, 2008, 07:28 AM

You have an old Beta version of Bootcamp; Beta versions always have expiration dates, and yours has expired. Bootcamp now only works under Mac OS Leopard (10.5), and is included with Leopard. If you don't have Leopard you're out of luck with Bootcamp.

Parallels will work with Tiger (10.4.11) or higher, but has pretty high system requirements so if you have an older machine you're unilkely to be happy with the results. Personally, I'd want at least 2Gb of RAM to run any virtualization solution. In addition to Parallels, there's VMWare Fusion and VirtualBox.

What model Mac do you have, what are the specs (RAM, processor speed), and what version of the OS are you running (10.4.x or 10.5.x)?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disciplinary Boot Camp for sister [ 3 Answers ]

My sis is 16 yrs old and has been through a lot of problems with the law; she is currently on probation and she has a court hearing coming up for some dumb things she did; my mom is really really hurting because we all try to help her out but she is just very disobedient and rebellious, to the...

Boot camp [ 2 Answers ]

What is the yougest you can send your child to boot camp for misbehavior

After boot camp [ 19 Answers ]

I am joining the Air Force in August of 09, and I want to know what it is like to live in the dorms after boot camp and a way from you parents, what was it like for you

Is 7 old enough for boot camp? [ 55 Answers ]

I've had it. I'm ready to send my 7 year old to boot camp or the freakin Jerry Springer show. She is always stealing things from me and everyone else and lying all the time. I do not trust her. I tried to give her a chance on the trust thing and she failed. She takes things from her class mates at...

Multimedia Programs - Which program is recommended? (i.e. Sony vegas) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'm in need a program to make professional looking videos. I know about Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects, however, I'm looking for better or similar programs. Price is not an issue as well. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks, Jacques

View more questions Search