Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adwt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2008, 02:59 AM
    Signing over rights
    If I sign over my rights will I still have to pay child support? And if I'am being family maintenance will I have to pay it?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 22, 2008, 03:11 AM
    Signing over your rights DOESN'T stop you being liable for maintenance and support payments.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 22, 2008, 07:17 AM

This question has been asked and answered hundreds of times in this forum. There is even a sticky note at the top that answers it.

Bottomline is its very hard to get a Termination of Parental Rights (TPR). They are generally granted only to clear the way for adoption or if the parent represents a danger to the child.

State laws differ, but no court is going to grant a TPR just to allow the parent out of paying support. In those states that terminate support with a TPR its even harder to get one.

I suggest you browse through some of the other threads on this issue for more info.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2008, 07:32 AM

Hello Dead beat dad who does not want to pay for their children and cares so little for them that they will sign over their rights instead of fighting to see them.

Does that sort of put it in place ?

Unless the other partner has a new husband or wife and they wish to adopt, you will be paying child support on your child, and can not just sign over your rights to get out of paying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signing over rights [ 7 Answers ]

I have been thinking about signing over my rights to my daughter. I was just wondering if anyone who has ever signed over their rights or anyone who has had a parent sign over their right give me some advice. I know about all the legal aspects already. I just want to know how the process felt and...

Signing ove my rights. [ 1 Answers ]

I just wanted to know if I wanted to sign over my rights to a child would the mom have to agree to it and what would I have to do to do it? / I don't talk to the mom. I've never seen the little girl in person just a picture in court. She is now 8 years old and I don't know nothing else about...

Signing over rights [ 3 Answers ]

I know someone who has recently signed over rights. This person now feels they have made a terrible mistake. Is there anything that can be done? Thanks

Signing my rights away [ 3 Answers ]

Do you contuinue to pay child support if you sign your rights away?

Signing over rights [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend signed over his rights last December and his ex's new husband adopted the little girl. He still had to pay child support, which the state of AZ took out of his paychecks, all the way up until a few months ago. His work finally received letters stating that the child support was...

View more questions Search