Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    packer04 Posts: 105, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2008, 10:26 PM
    Can you be friends with a man if you have feelings for him?
    I am back again. I have talked to all of before. So what I am understanding is that I really shouldn't be friends with this man. Sort of brushed me off after 5 months. Said he had no feelings for me even though he told me that I was exactly what he wanted and we were so alike. I have feelings for him very much. I know at 50 maybe he doesn't know that there aren't that many great women out there, so should I take the chance and be friends. He has called 3 times in the past 2 weeks and I have to say I told him he hurt me and after that much time with him I got the feeling we were more-I got mixed signals. I told him I felt brushed off as a friend or whatever I was and it hurt. I care for him and would like to see him again as at 49 its not easy finding that special guy. So I guess nice guys aren't so nice and don't want nice women either. No to friends and move on?? He wants to be friends, but I don't know what to think.
    kaitou Posts: 190, Reputation: 43

Nov 22, 2008, 05:50 AM

You can't be friends with someone you still like. It just messes up the whole relationship, you'll feel torn up all the time, wishing to be more..

So I would suggest no contact with this man
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 22, 2008, 06:23 AM

Your judging this on your wants, and needs, and not adding his in. He doesn't want what you do, and sees friendship, and not romance. Thats reality.

You want, and need more, even though you want to stay friends, and keep him in your life.

They only problem with that is, you will always have a false hope of him changing his mind, and wanting what you want, and thats not happening.

You need time to heal, and deal with the reality of your situation, and then, decide if friendship will work without those false hopes of getting more than he is willing to give.

That's why strict No Contact, will let you get over him, and cope with your feelings. Only then, can a friendship be possible.

Let the hurt heal, and then see what comes next.

Him not having the feelings you do, only means, he is ready for what he wants and thinks you are too! Your not.

VERY STRICT NO CONTACT, and be patient as this is a slow hard process to get over some one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Friends who turned out to be false friends [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one have experience of people they thought to be friends but they turned out to be false friends ?

Ex is seeing a lot of one of my best friends. Think I'm losing friends everywhere [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, not to bore anyone with details, but my ex and I broke up a couple of months ago, and I've found it excruciating to deal with my feelings. I have good and bad days, and a couple of days ago would have been our 2 year anniversary. I've noticed that one of my best friends is getting very close...

View more questions Search