Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2008, 08:48 PM
    Martial law if bailouts voted against?
    What are they saying about threats of martial law if congress votes against bailouts?
    I have heard bits and pieces but not enough to follow it.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2008, 03:26 AM
    Who is saying that ? Weiner(aka Savage) Nation ?

During a radio interview,Sen. Jim Inhofe made are reference to a conference call that Senators had with Hank Paulson prior to their vote on the TARP II bailout .He claimed that influenced the votes of some representatives who voted against TARP I . Evidently Paulson invoked the image of civil unrest if the bailout was not passed and we plunged into a 30s era depression .If this is true then it was pure demagogery .
    After it Congressman Brad Sherman gave a speech on the House floor : “Many of us were told in private conversations that if we voted against this bill on Monday that the sky would fall, the market would drop two or three thousand points the first day, another couple of thousand the second day, and a few members were even told that there would be martial law in America if we voted no.”
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2008, 03:57 AM
    Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2008, 04:51 PM

Here it is YouTube - We Are Under Martial Law! As Declared By The Speaker Last Night! Rep Burgess
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2008, 05:25 PM

Yes, to scare the people, we have to be victims worried about our safety to allow the government to save us.

So they go bankrupt, they file chapter 11 and reorganise, break the union and come back stronger than before.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 02:32 AM

Saph

I knew about his comments and decided not to add it to my response because it was an irrelevant rant against an internal Congressional maneuver where certain rules and procedures of Congress were suspended by its leaders so that the bill could be passed quickly.

In an age of YouTube these clowns should be a little more careful about what they say.

Sherman's address on the floor is more relevant to your question.

Digg - Rep. Brad Sherman - Congress told Martial Law if vote is NO

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What martial art? [ 4 Answers ]

Does anybody know a martial art that focuses a lot on using pressure points and weak points to bring down easily and having to deal with flexibility and concentration and using weapons like sai‘s or swords. I’m kind of doubting there is something with all of that:confused: . Am I being picky? I...

Background song played when luke was voted off [ 1 Answers ]

During the episode of american idol when luke gets kicked off and a song is playing in the background with these lyrics... and they say it's a beautiful world but I can't feel it right now...

Looking for martial art [ 5 Answers ]

I'am looking for a martial art to practice. Point is that there are many different martial arts, and I don't know which one fits me best. I've been looking around on the internet and I keep reading stuff like "you dont have to be strong for this martial art". Now I've been doing weight lifting...

Pre-martial sex [ 14 Answers ]

I Am A Christian Women (51) I've Been Dating A Christian Man (52) For 10 Months, I Have Decided Not To Marry For 6 Years Or When My Children Are Finished With High School. My Problem Is That He Gave Me A Promise Ring And We Had Sex... Now I'm Feeling Guilty That I Didn't Obey God And Wait The 6...

View more questions Search