Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msdelay7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2008, 08:41 PM
    Home owners
    Can homeowners association put a lien on a home that's already paid for?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2008, 05:54 AM

Post removed because someone smarter than I pointed out that I was incorrect and I am removing the post to avoid confusion.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 22, 2008, 07:01 AM

A lien is a legal encumbrance on a property. It states that the property owner owes money to the lienholder and prevents the property from being transferred until the lien is satisified. It has nothing to do with whether the property has any other leins or not. Except to the point that the liens take order of when filed.

When you join an HOA you agree to abide by their rules. HOAs often give themselves the power to apply a lien against the property if the rules are violated without going to court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home Owners Association Lien [ 4 Answers ]

Can a HOA notify resident that a lien will be placed upon property if homewowners dues are not paid in full

Home Owners insurance [ 3 Answers ]

How can I find out who my neighbors home owners insurance company is? How can I found out if a home owners has home owners insurance? Is it legal to do so?

Home owners insurance [ 2 Answers ]

This really happened & I am baffled by the result. A tree in my yard falls & hits one of my cars. The car only has liability insurance coverage on it. The car was a total loss. My first reaction was that the home owners policy will take care of that. Not.. Evidently it only covers acts of...

Abandoned Home Owners [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a 'free' site to locate the owners of properties that have been abandoned?

View more questions Search