Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linksys2000 Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Nov 21, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Grow your hair fast with pills. Any suggestions?
    Hello everyone,

I am very interested in growing my hair. I am a black woman and have worn extensions for quite sometime now. My hair is very dry, uneven and short. Lately, I have used oil and this has helped to strengthen my hair, however, I am afraid to cut the split ends because I want long hair.

My question, and there any pills, lotions, moisturizers, and or treatments that will increase my hair growth tremendously over time. I have 5 months to grow my hair about 5 inches.

Any suggestions?

Also, I have read articles where people can take pills to increase their appetites, or take pills, lotions and or IV's to lighten their skin tone. So, there has to be an option for increasing hair growth. All suggestions are well received.

Thanks
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2008, 07:54 PM

5 inches in 5 months is highly unrealistic. My hair grows fast but not that fast. Sorry. I don't know of any for real product out there on the market that can work wonders for you growing hair quickly. You are basically stuck with whatever hair growth gene you were born with and will have to just be patient.
    linksys2000 Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Nov 21, 2008, 08:07 PM

Has anyone tried "Hair Infinity Vitamins?"

Check out the web site: HairFinity Reviews
    Honeydiip Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 02:21 PM
    Try MSM & Biotin supplements they worked pretty good for me and 5 inches in 5 months is realistic actually try to:

Since hair is protein, a diet that is too low in protein may cause some thinning in hair or a retardation in the growth cycle. The converse is true, If you eat a protein-rich diet it will often result in improved hair growth.

Some nutritional experts suggest the dietary utilization of calves liver, brewer's yeast, wheat germ and a daily dose of two tablespoons of granulated lecithin to maximize hair growth, strength and beauty.

Other good food sources for protein include fish, eggs, beans and yogurt. Soy protein has also been found to be helpful in stimulating hair growth.

One study of the results of soy on the hair found that it not only strengthened the hair but caused it to grow. A great source of soy is tofu.

Eat right, exercise, reduce stress, rest, gets lots of sleep and your are well on your way to maximizing your hair growth potential.

You can either take a good supplement that contains the necessary vitamins and minerals or you can make up your own formula.

In addition to making lifestyle changes, taking the following supplements every day can boost hair growth for many people:

Vitamin B-complex - 50 mg. of the major B-vitamins (including folate, biotin and inositol)
    Vitamin B-6 - 50 mg. of vitamin B-6
    Vitamin C with bioflavonoids - one to two grams daily
    Vitamin E - 400 to 800 IU daily
    Beta-Carotene - 10,000 to 15,000 IU of beta-carotene daily
    One recommended daily dose of magnesium, sulfur, zinc
    Silica (horsetail) - 300 mg. daily
    Nettle - 250 mg. three times daily
    Flaxseed oil - one tbsp daily or one tablet
    Beta-Carotene - 10,000 to 15,000 IU of beta-carotene daily
    Here are some other hair growing tips:

Eliminate or cut back on smoking, caffeine and carbonated sodas which weaken the body and block maximum hair growing potential.
    Eat a healthy diet. Avoid foods that are high in sugar or fat.
    Treat your hair like a piece of fine old lace. Treat it carefully avoiding any unnecessary brushing, combing or handling.
    Avoid use of hot water, hot blow dryers or other hair care tools that may stress the hair.
    Have a weekly scalp massage to provide stimulation to the hair follicles.
    Do a series of ongoing hot oil treatments to protect the hair's shaft.
    Have regular trims to eliminate split ends and allow the hair to look and feel healthier.
    Get plenty of rest and sleep to allow your body to grow hair.
    Natalie101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 11:33 AM
    Hey there,

My name is Natalie, I also been trying to grow my for the past year. I cut all my hair off and went Natural and it really worked for me! I am currently using aphogee and I purchase all the treatments and it is really working! And I also take protein, fish oil and a hair vitamin name Mason. I think it really works and I am also on the same page, I want my hair to grow at least 6 to 8 inches in 9months so wish me luck and if it works I show pictures before and after...

Thanks,

Natalie
    Tanasha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 07:09 PM
    You know what? I've been using the Platinum Growth vitamins. It's from the Platinum Growth System line. I'm using it along with the rapid growth serum they have. I was only using the rapid growth serum at first and my hair was growing with that, but the rep talked me into using the Platinum Growth Vitamins along with the serum for maximum growth. Those vitamins put my hair growth into overdrive. Try it, I'm telling you they are littler miracle workers. Everyone I know keep asking me what I'm using.
    rotagsm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2011, 06:47 PM
    I have been using hair infinity for about 5 months I can say that it is a good product to use to stimulate hair growth. I have seen the results in about three months at least 2 inch. Please keep in mind that it is very impotant to stick to daily and weekly regimens. Moisture and sealing, weekly washes with a mositurizing shampoo, deep condition, less heat as possible and take care of those ends trim every 12 weeks. Good Luck And drink plenty of H2O.
    iluvmehair12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2011, 06:20 PM
    Uh try biotin because my hair grows from that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

GROW hair DamN IT! Grow! [ 15 Answers ]

My hair length is about 1 inch long, I cut it about 2 years ago and continued to about every month, now I haven't cut or dyed my hair in about 2 months and it has not grown at all. I want it to grow!! What can I do, use, or whatever to get this growth process started!thanks

Want hair to grow fast [ 3 Answers ]

When you put mayo in your hair does it make your hair grow faster? Or is there something else... I want long healthy hair... I got it cut and I hate it and I want it to grow fast:mad:

Lose 30 pounds fast but healthy and no pills! [ 1 Answers ]

Im young I am 170 lbs and at the end of the month I'm going to Hawaii and I want to have a great bikini body. Als I want to look good next year at school. I want to lose 30 lbs of fat in 30 days, but not entirely sure if I can! I don't by the food in the house so I can't really choose the best...

Need suggestions for a plant to grow between flagstone [ 20 Answers ]

I'm doing a flagstone patio with mostly large pieces. I want to grow something between them similar to the image below (which is Thyme), but I'd prefer something that does not get as tall (like the green part in the lower right). I was thinking of maybe moss... I've heard that pouring yogurt...

View more questions Search