Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clueless13 View Post
    ... he is always doing something that can easily change my mind...
    The list you gave made him sound like a GREAT friend... much better than any of my own, :P I would recommend staying his friend as long as possible just based off that!

However, what do you mean by that?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2009, 03:10 AM

My definition of a good friend is someone who cares about you, will tell you the truth, no matter how ugly it is. And will stick by you through thick and thin.

It sounds like you have found this in your friend.

Only thing that would get up my goat is the fact that it sounds like he is trying to convert you! Religion is a very personal thing and I wouldn't like one of my friends pushing me to go to church but in saying that I don't know how religious you are...
    Clueless13 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Apr 21, 2009, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    My definition of a good friend is someone who cares about you, will tell you the truth, no matter how ugly it is. And will stick by you through thick and thin.

It sounds like you have found this in your friend.

Only thing that would get up my goat is the fact that it sounds like he is trying to convert you! Religion is a very personal thing and I wouldn't like one of my friends pushing me to go to church but in saying that I don't know how religious you are...
    Don't worry were both christan so I don't think religion is too much of a problem here.

Apr 21, 2009, 03:33 PM

Thanks u guys for clearing my mind. To think that I thought he wasn't a good friend at first. Thanks again, to say the truth, I'm starting to think he's one of the best friends I've EVER had so far...

May 16, 2009, 08:28 PM
    I don't know what to do!
    Threads merged

Im so angry!! :mad: Here's the thing, all of this anger mostly revolves around one of my best friends. The thing is that all he ever thinks about are girls. Hes like Romeo in "Romeo and Juliet". He thinks that every girl is the perfect one. But, you know what's the problem? All he ever thinks about is girls and that's all he ever talks about and its pissing me off! All the time at school, he asks me " have you seen _____ (Whatever the girls name is) and when he finds her, he literally runs to catch up to her and leaves me in the dust... and when I text him or call him, he never picks up or replys... so I end up having to call his mom... but when I call his mom, after three days of not texting me, he finally texts me back... but then when I text him, he doesn't text me back... To say the truth, I don't ask for much attention, but he gives way less than I even ask for... He calls me his best friend, but at times I think differently... I don't know what to do, please help me...
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

May 16, 2009, 08:49 PM

I think you should give him his space. If you smother him by repeatedly calling, texting, etc. He'll think you're annoying and you may lose him as a friend altogether.

May 18, 2009, 05:10 PM

Your right I c your point. Ill give him his space thanks for the advice. :)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 18, 2009, 05:20 PM

I would also like to say it sounds like your jealous. This person is just a friend. It should not bother you that he likes to give his attention to other girls.

Also do not send him texts all the time or calling his mother. Figure out what type of friend this is.
    lori_1234 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

May 19, 2009, 12:53 PM

Id say if its really bothing you that much mayb you should back off for a while until he comes to you and if you give him some time and he doesn't come to you I would say he prob doesn't care that much anymore.

Feb 3, 2010, 06:18 PM
    Problems with a Best Friend
    Threads merged

My best friend and I are really close and we are so close that we call each other brothers... but not that simple saying when friends just call each other bros... but we really have a close bond as friends... but here's the thing... we barely ever see each other in school now a days... and no matter how hard we try to hang out with each other, our parents always get in the way... We want to have fun the same way we used to but we never get the chance... What can I do to help our friendship... LAST... Of course most would say that friends come and go... but based on my life... I dislike this saying so I do not go by it... so what can I do to keep it alive... (P.S. This may seem like a ridiculous problem, but for me it is one of the biggest I have had in a while... So please, answer sensitively if you are able to... )
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 3, 2010, 09:45 PM
    From your other posts, you, and your friend, are having a difficult time as it is. This is but another complaint, and maybe backing off, and getting other things in your life would help you accept this friend for who he is, a flawed human just like you, so you can lower your high, and lofty expectations of him, and enjoy your friendship, when you can get together.

That's what real friends do. Live their own lives, and enjoy it when they do get together, without preconceived conditions, or unrealistic notions.

Your too close, and too demanding. Smothering is the word that comes to mind.

Feb 4, 2010, 02:24 PM

Some how I feel like I heard that word smother from someone... but not him... yet you are right... I suppose I should lower my expectations... I attend to try to but I end up failing at actually keeping those expectations at that level... Well thank you though...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kid who won't talk for himself but will copy how other people talk [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I saw this movie years ago, on HBO, I never caught the name of the movie, and then the power went out, I never saw it again.. The movie was about this boy who was wouldn't talk or he couldn't talk. He could however copy peoples voices, and talk like them, exactley like them.. does anyone...

My best friend will NOT talk to me anymore. [ 2 Answers ]

My best friend won't talk to me anymore. She has always supported me in my football stuff and I have always supported her. Now she won't talk to me. We were having a conversation over Myspace and we were helping each other out with out problems. We had both said goodnight and then the next day, day...

Daughter will not talk to me anymore [ 2 Answers ]

I am a divorced and remariied father who has just seen his oldest daughter transform into my worse nightmare. As I stated I am remarried and I have another daughter who is 2. My oldest daughter is 14 now and has refused to talk to me stating she is mad and her feelings are hurt. My divorce from her...

I don [ 6 Answers ]

I tried to kill myself a few months ago, I was in the hospital for a month all because I was broken hearted, I am 14 years old and I feel there is no reason to live anymore. I don’t believe anyone when they say they care, I have over 56 self inflected burns on my arm, I know my girl friend loves...

My best friend won't talk to me anymore [ 32 Answers ]

Over the past 3 years I developed a very close relationship with a female friend - we talked almost every day, went to the gym together, worked on school volunteer commitees together, etc. . During this time she opened up to me and told me all about her problems with her spouse and I encouraged her...

View more questions Search