Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    floyd88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Does Ohio use EtG test? OVI probation
    I am on probation for one year for an OVI offense (.072 on the breathalyzer) and was wondering if the Ohio Probation Department uses an EtG test for people on probation with my offense. I was told by one person that they would have told me if it was being administered instead of standard urinalysis test, but I'm not sure how reliable that info is.

I have to take my random tests at the Tri-State Phlebotomy Services on Reading Rd.

I did find this article regarding a court hearing about Ohio and the EtG testing, which says Ohio recommends not to use it, but no solid evidence saying so.
    Ohio Court Limits Use of EgT Test | Elsewhere, But Interesting, Forensics | CrimApp.com <hearing minutes linked on article

Thank you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2008, 05:37 PM

You can ask your PO on your first meeting. I believe it will be a standard test.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2008, 06:33 PM

Ohio isn't that fancy yet. They use a standard test. My best advice for you would be to not drink at all while on probation, OK? Then you won't have to worry about what kind of test you'll have to take. Depending on the county and the PO and how busy they are or aren't they could do some random testing on you if they are in the mood.
    floyd88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2008, 07:11 PM
    Thanks for the answer, I wasn't asking if to see if I could drink, but as far everyday products that contain alcohol like cough medicine or some lysol products. I read some horror stories about false positives because of this test. Thanks, that relieved a bit of stress thinking about it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2008, 07:43 PM

Most of the stories are myths, just like the stories on how to detox
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2008, 08:03 PM

Just read the labels on the products for mouth washes, etc or cough syrups. Be very careful of what you ingest so there will be no problems for you to have a successful probation.

Chuck is right about that as well but if you should say do the mouthwash thing right before taking a test you could present some problems if you were to do a cheek swab type test you would surely ring the buzzer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Probation violation in Ohio [ 7 Answers ]

Hi My boyfriend has a court date for 4-21. We live in Ohio and he has been in jail 3weeks now for (community sanctions violation- which I'm assuming translates to probation violation. This is his 3rd violation. He is a felon. What type of sentence is he looking at? :(

Violation probation in Ohio [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my friend got an OVI in Ohio back in December. Stupidly, she broke her probation terms- what will happen? Should she get an attorney ASAP? She got a public intox in a nerby city-will her probation officer find out? Should she just come clean? She's made some poor choices, but is a good kid who's...

Reporting probation in Ohio to Non reporting probation in Florida [ 3 Answers ]

In June 2006 I was sentenced to 5 years probation in Ohio. In Ohio I could travel anywhere in the state without permission. I moved to Florida in September 2007. In Florida I cannot leave the county without permission. I asked my Florida PO about non-reporting probation. I was told that Florida has...

Probation Violation-OHIO [ 4 Answers ]

Hello there, my name is Tamitha and this is the first time that I used this thread, so maybe someone can give me some insight of what do do or how abouts to do it! Well, my husband and I live in Ohio (North Eastern Ohio). Well, his past isn't the greatest, he's been in and out of prison/jail...

View more questions Search