Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dave146 Posts: 161, Reputation: 4

Nov 21, 2008, 04:00 PM
    What is the matter with me?
    I have just received an email from my algebra tutor, the subject being "Algebra wuiz results". When I found out that I got a F, I could believe it. This is my first F in years and years. Actually, my worst grade ever was a B. That is, before this.

I studied for this test for eight hours. My father quizzed me. I understood everything fully. I filled out the multiple choice test with great confidence. I was sure everything was right. After the test I was extremely proud of myself, because I knew I would get an A+.

But just a while ago, I got the results.

What is this supposed to mean? Is it a joke? Or am I just going coocoo? Please help, it is driving me absolutely crazy.

:confused:
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 21, 2008, 04:09 PM

Talk to your teacher, find out where you went wrong.

Nov 21, 2008, 04:16 PM

He sent me the thing. It was scanned. I didn't even notice my handwritting! Couldve someone hypnotised me?

Nov 21, 2008, 04:20 PM

The test was written by pencil... someone couldve taken it, erasing my name and putting theirs instead... possible?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 21, 2008, 04:23 PM

Anything's possible, but it's not probable.

Really, talk to your teacher, express your concern, tell him/her that you studied and felt confident about the test and that you don't know what happened.

That's really the only advice I can give you.

Good luck.
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Nov 21, 2008, 05:38 PM
    What Alty said is right. Talk to you teacher and tell him everything you just told us, that you were really confident about the test, and you didn't recognize the handwriting on the results given back to you (show him a sample of your usual handwriting for comparison). Perhaps if you explain it like that and are very genuine the teacher may let you retake the test in private (especially if you suspect someone could have taken your test).

Good luck, and try not to stress out about it too much. Even if you do have to keep that grade, it isn't the end of the world; try to look at the bigger picture. It will be all right.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 12:28 PM

I don't think you are going crazy, but it might be that someone swapped tests, you should really take the advice above and talk to your teacher, and aries's idea with the handwriting sample was quite good!

I hope everything works out!

-roxy
    rockstar_237 Posts: 5, Reputation: -1

Nov 26, 2008, 03:55 PM
    You are friken retardedd are you like in elem

Nov 26, 2008, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstar_237 View Post
    you are friken retardedd are you like in elem
    No, I'm not "friken retardeddd", I'm 17 and in high school.

Have a nice day!

Nov 26, 2008, 04:07 PM
    You of course that makes you so smart :rolleyes:

Nov 26, 2008, 04:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstar_237 View Post
    ya of course that makes you so smart :rolleyes:
    If you are trying to make a point, get to it. I am not interested in your insults.

Nov 26, 2008, 04:16 PM
    I'm not trying to insult you...
    Sorry
    I got in a fight with my mom and I wrote that
    Sorry again
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Nov 27, 2008, 12:16 AM
    Rockstar, your responses are completely uncalled for. If you had a fight with your mom don't take it out on someone else like this. We are here for help and advice, not to belittle people and make them feel badly.

Next time think about it before you post.
    itneverends Posts: 42, Reputation: -2

Nov 27, 2008, 03:09 AM

Pop your teacher!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2008, 12:40 PM

If it was multiple choice, perhaps you got started on the answer sheet one line off?

Talk to the teacher. :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2008, 11:16 AM

Have you talked to your teacher yet Dave. Interested in hearing how it all went and if it worked itself out!

Nov 30, 2008, 11:27 AM

Okay, I kind of threatened her and she let me retake my test and surprisingly I got an A+...

And yes, the first time someone actually exchanged their test for mine, she did a writing analysis or something :)

So Im happy. :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2008, 11:30 AM

Good! I'm Really happy for you. I'm glad it worked itself out :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where did matter come from? [ 24 Answers ]

I have a general question to ask. I'm a big fan of the big bang theory, the general theory that everything in the universe today was in one hot and dense state, there was an explosion and subsequently matter spread out and the universe is expanding today but I was wondering where the matter came...

Does it matter? [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if I can wear yellow and white gold at the same time, because I got married recently and my husband brought me a gold ring. I don't know what to do because my husband said I should wear my ring even if I am wearing a yellow necklace.

A51 or A50? Does it matter? [ 1 Answers ]

The ECU on my car is:37820-P06-A50. The part bought: 37820-P06-A51. Does it matter if I use the one with A51 to replace the original one with A50? I don't want to make another stupid mistake by trying a obviously mismatched part before I get some confirmation from those who know better out there....

What can I do in this matter [ 1 Answers ]

I need some assistance is this matter... I recently came across a property that has been vacant for some time and I did a little research on it. Come to find out that the owner, plus the person's relatives that were named administrators are deceased. The property owes thousands of dollars in...

Age matter [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 27 and my husband is 57 were together for 9 months and keep trying but still I'm not pregnant. Does my husband age matter?

View more questions Search