Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12402 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Interesting situation with ex's best friends
    So, I had posted before about how my ex's best friend had approached me a few months after my break up and he told me he had a crush on me and I had responded because I did too. We had kept in contact after the break up and occasionally talked to each other and then he admitted why he had kept in contact with me. He has a girlfriend though and he's in an open relationship. So nothing happened between us, we just talked about it and now it's out in the open I guess. Then I saw my ex one weekend because I had to go to the hospital and I have no family around here and he was the only person anyone could contact. This was like two or three days after me and the best friends talked about our crush. So I told his best friends about it and after that we kind of stopped talking for the week... well we stopped talking as much as we had before.

Then the following weekend, I was upset because my friend told me she had seen my ex on a date a while back, like a week after we had broken up. She didn't want to tell me at the time because she knew I was upset. Now, by this time, I'm over the break up and I'm fine, but it did upset me to hear that because it wasn't the first time someone had tried to imply that there had been another girl while I was with my ex. I already knew that he did like another girl, but I also knew that they had never done anything while we were still in the relationship so it was OK with me. I hate that people are nosey and try to imply things that aren't true because I know the truth. So, OK, I made the mistake of venting to my ex's best friend... and I told him that I already knew what everyone thought was breaking news and that I had found notes my ex had written to this new girl a few days after the break up.

So I thought for sure that the best friends would stop talking to me for real after I had vented to him about my ex and other people's assumptions. The next night he was texting me again. Though after that night, another week went by with no talking. I tried to text him a week later but got no response. And that was it.

Now fast forward to last night. I went out with my ex... as just friends. It was good. It helped me realize that I'm really over him and we talked about our past relationship and our new friendship. He told me about the new girl who's just his friend right now and I told him about my life. He also told me that his best friend told him that I had texted him about finding the notes he had written to the other girl. I was in shock!! And of course my ex tells me, "What did you expect, he is MY friend." To make it all worse, they had been hanging out that weekend that I vented to his best friend. My ex had gone to visit him for the weekend. So, that also means that my ex was at his house when he texted me the night after too. I had an urge to tell him what his best friend had been up to with me, but I decided not to say anything. But his best friend totally made me look bad. Like I was the one who had initiated contact with him and that I was still not over the break up. When in reality, his best friend had kept in contact with me for the past few months and then he drops that bombshell on me about how he has liked me for the past 3 years. So I'm really confused and kind of angry at all of this...

Why would he do that? That's really messed up.

Sorry for the long post... I needed to vent and learned my lesson about venting to other people :p
    Sphira Posts: 72, Reputation: 6

Apr 29, 2009, 04:25 AM
    hey

i wasnt sure what the question :confused::confused: was but if i was you i would stay away from your ex and his mate they sound like trouble my brother (whose now 30) and his mate messed up a girl a while back but when she stop giving a reaction they got bored and got on with their lives with new relationships and the last i heard that girl had done the same so stand back get a breath of fresh air in a new crowd

not that i would know:):)
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Apr 29, 2009, 06:26 AM

First of all, it's never a good idea to get involved with your ex's best friend. That could easily put a strain on their friendship... or even worse, they could gang up on you, which seems like your case. Either way, it should be a no travel zone.

I'm sure that there are other guys out there who won't messed around with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Interesting IUD [ 22 Answers ]

Okay so here I am sitting at the comp trying not to get sick as my stomach is rolling... I have been doing some research on my merina IUD recently and what I've found makes me seriously worry about my birth control choice. Now my worry may be for nothing. Anyway, let me start at the beginning. I...

More interesting than God [ 36 Answers ]

Every time I get involved in the debates that erupt here between the atheists and the theists, I end up feeling bemused by the fact that so much attention is focused on the question of whether "God" exists. It's been done to death. I'm more interested in the question of whether there exists a...

Interesting Situation [ 2 Answers ]

I have an interesting situation I'd like to get some help about. So my girlfriend and I were talking last night, and I suddenly had a weird feeling, for some reason I felt like there was something she wasn't telling me. I asked her about it and she denied having any information she was withholding...

Interesting ex situation [ 1 Answers ]

3 years ago I broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years, she said she wasn't happy and I was reluction to let her go. A week later I met someone else, we started dating and grew from there. 3 months passed and me and ex started talking again. She didn't date anyone one after 3 years of off and on with...

New Here, Have Some Interesting Question? [ 3 Answers ]

Well, hey guyz. I am 18 years old male, live in New Jersey and have some question for you guys. Well, guyz I am half south asian and half european. My original skin complexion is somewhat fair to light. Until last summer, my complexion was great until I hit ACNE!! Since, obviously I wanted to get...

View more questions Search