Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    latnboi666 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Computer Repair Business
    Which programs are must haves for a computer repair business?
    olivesandtrees Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2008, 11:59 AM
    I have found that the Trinity Rescue Kit (TRK) Trinity Rescue Kit | CPR for your computer to be one of the most helpful tools in my "sysadmin toolbox." TRK is a free live Linux distribution that aims specifically at recovery and repair operations on Windows machines, but is equally usable for Linux recovery issues. The number of useful things you can do with TRK is amazing.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Nov 21, 2008, 12:46 PM

One that keeps track of your customers names, addresses, email and what kind of computers they have, what software and versions are installed, etc. A software and hardware audit program would do well for this.

Compare this to the car dealership that sends out notifications that tells you are about due for your 30,000 mile checkup.

You can use the same type of approach to send out email notices for critical OS updates, software upgrades, etc. to reach out to your customers as a service and to gain more business. If they know that you have their interest at heart, they are going to give you the kind of advertising that money can not buy - word of mouth with a good reputation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Possibilities of a credit repair business! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, what are the possibilities of running a credit repair business and how is the business run. What are the legalities and formalities involved in that so that one can make the arrangements to start his own credit repair business?

Starting a service repair business. [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to start a small service repair company in Arizona, based out of my home (at first), and am not sure what is required to get started, i.e. license, bonded, insurance. Most of the work I do will be at the customers site throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and potentially throughout...

Electronic repair business? [ 7 Answers ]

Here is the situation I am in. I am 22 years old and I don't have a lot of money and a friend of my dad wants to hand his business over to me. The business is repairing electronics; TVs, VCRs, Stereos, etc. I would pretty much just take it over, but I honestly do not have much knowledge as far...

Starting Computer Repair Business A-Z [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Its always been my dream to start my own home based computer repair business. I need someone to guide me to the right path. I've been reading a lot about starting a business but I just had some problems regarding filing taxes regarding my computer repair business. I already acquired my Business...

How to start an aircraft repair business [ 4 Answers ]

What are the steps I would need to take to start my own aircraft structures repair/maintenance business?

View more questions Search