Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bschroder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Applying for german passport
    Hi I am in the process of applying for my german passport but I have hit a block in this process, my father is german and his parents are german as well both have passed away in german, how can I get the info I need if I'm in sa and so is my father he's been here for 30 years and is not in touch with anyone else over there I need to get birth, marriage, and death certificates. Is there any way I can get the info via the net PLEASE HELP
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 21, 2008, 08:37 PM

Where were you born? If you're born overseas, your father had never report your birth to any German Consulate, and now you are over 18, you are not eligible to claim German citizenship.

Need more details...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

German Passport if Married to German [ 2 Answers ]

I am married to a German. I am holder of a Lebanese Passport. My Wife and I live outside Germany. Can I get the German Passport?

Grandparents were German Jews - Can I get a German Passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I know a few years ago there was a program that allowed children and grandchildren of Holocaust-era German Jews to apply and receive German passports. I cannot find any information about this on the internet, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My father's parents both...

Applying for my portuguese passport [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have been trying to find out some information on how to apply for my portuguese passport. My father is was born in Maderia but immigrated to South Africa where I was born. I am 21 years old and was under the impression that I need my parents and my birth certificates in order to apply...

My father is German, Can I get a German Passport and how? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I want to get a German Passport. My father is German , living in Australia. What do I need to gain a German Passport. >Moved from Forum Help<

Applying for my Portuguese passport [ 1 Answers ]

Please could you let me know how I would go about getting my passport. My parents and brother come form Portugal and I would like to apply for my Portuguese passport.

View more questions Search