Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hannah_nicole Posts: 163, Reputation: 13

Nov 21, 2008, 04:40 AM
    What is déjà vu? Does it mean anything?
    I often feel I have dreamt something or been somewhere I am before. I am so sure of it even though the memories are hazy. Can anyone explain? Is it just my brain processing things wrong, is it evidence of a past life or is it a premonition of some sort? Your thoughts?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 21, 2008, 04:46 AM

déjà vu has nothing to do with dreams, it is being in a situation in real life and suddenly thinking that the certain situation has happened before exactly as it is appearing to you.
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Nov 21, 2008, 06:17 PM

Didn't I answer this question last week? ;)
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Dec 2, 2008, 12:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hannah_nicole View Post
    I often feel I have dreamt something or been somewhere I am before. I am so sure of it even though the memories are hazy. Can anyone explain? Is it just my brain processing things wrong, is it evidence of a past life or is it a premonition of some sort? Your thoughts?
    The subconscious is very powerful and it is extremely possible that we tap into things like this and more. This is your brain possessing future events that haven't occurred yet... its kind of like a premonition. You've been here, you have done this before, you have done it exactly like this, oh yeah and this is what is going to happen next. Their brief moments but they stop you in your tracks... why? Is it a marking in your life? Is it a wake up? I have a lot of deja vu's... for example, I once had a dream of a little girl with piggy tails and overalls jumping in a kitchen laughing. When we bought our house WHAM it hit me... and my husband remembers me telling him about the dream before my daughter was conceived... oh there are so many more stories but I think you get the idea. Enjoy them, they are one true mystery... your life.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 01:24 PM

I see it as being in the right place at the right time. I have déjà vu often!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2008, 08:29 AM

Missed word call in greenie :D
    I call being in the right place at the right time sychronicity and yeah I would say that can be a déjà vu too

I have been trying to place my deja vu's and there really hasn't been any one answer for it.

The things I have sorted out so far.

1. Some of my deja vu's are from dreams. I have been studying my dreams and interpretations too. What I have come up with connecting them to déjà vu is that a specific one of my past dreams will flash into my mind when I feel déjà vu. I can feel the connection even if the dream was very abstract and made no sense.

2. Sometimes it can be a premonition or an image that flashes through your mind that felt so real and we dismissed it without even thinking about it.

3. Sometimes we have gone through the experience before but it wasn't one of those significant things we put into our long term memory. Like say you pass a woman in the produce aisle in the store and she is wearing a perfume. Then years later you happen to pass a woman in the produce aisle, she is wearing the same scent and you are passing in the same directions as when this happened before.
    Another example is I have had exact word for word arguments with different bf's and I swear it feels so déjà vu because it seems so unrealistic and surreal that it is happening identical over again. Different boyfriend, different room but identical none the less.

4. A recent study of déjà vu claims that often when we are doing something it sometimes goes directly into our long term memory rather than our short term memory so we feel as though it was something we have gone through before.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Dec 14, 2008, 08:23 AM
    Déjà vu

French for :

Déjà = already

vu = seen

Déjà vu = "already seen" : something that you feel has happened to you or was seen by you before.

Here is a LINK that explains it in much more detail !

:)

neyney1996 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 11:12 AM

déja vu is when you are very tense and your barin can't really function so your past present and future gets really messed up
    aejhargrave Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 09:11 PM

déjà vu

Deja is french for already

Vu means seen

So.. already seen
    greatodie Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 18, 2009, 08:26 PM

The mind has its own working style , that is subdued and more influential.
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Feb 18, 2009, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by greatodie View Post
    the mind has its own working style , that is subdued and more influential.
    Huh? English please, 7th grade reading level preferred. Exactly what does that sentence mean?
    freaked0ut Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2009, 10:40 PM

déjà vu is basically an event in time that has not happened but for some reason the human brain perceives it as already past

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deja Vu/Precognition? [ 1 Answers ]

Deja Vu/Precognition? Well, I’ve always thought I was a little strange, sometimes my dreams would come true, or I’d have a feeling about something and it always turns out I’m right. By a feeling I mean that voice in your head type of thing. Anyway I just found this new indie band,(really really...

Girlfriend Requested A Couple Days Apart.Deja Vu [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know if I'm able to have a "normal" relationship. A few years back I met a girl overseas. Things were intense (I used to think it was because we were short on time, now I think it is my intense personality) and she ended up coming out to the United States with me for a couple of months....

View more questions Search