Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    woodywood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2008, 04:36 AM
    Cold and draughty house
    I have had an extension to mthe rear of my house and also the front (kitchen, downstairs toilet and ahll extendet to front of house. The house is c21 years old with UPVC double glazing and cavity wall insulation (as are the new extensions). The house feels cold and draughty despite the window people coming out several times and saying the seals on the windows and doors are fine. We had a new vented extractor fan for the cooker on an external wall and the plastic flaps move vigorously in windy conditions. Could this be part of the problem? I cannot get up to see if this is the problem. In the ensuite shower room I can feel a real draught coming through the door also and I feel a cold draught on my face when lying in bed. Could all of these things be connected? The bedroom door will actually move in real windy conditions but I can't actually feel a draught through the windows. Anybody got any thoughts please.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 22, 2008, 04:05 PM

It is totally obvious that your home has many cracks or opening to allow outside air to lleak inside. Call 3 contractors who spcialize in making ahome weathertite. Listen to what they say and what they will charge. Then you can descide if you can handle that work or not. Let the pros do the looking for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need cold air in my house [ 1 Answers ]

My AC works but it's not cooling my house what could it be does it need freon

No heat at 75 only cold air in my house [ 2 Answers ]

When I put my thermostat on 75 only cold air come throgh the vents and no heat in my house. [email protected]

Cold house [ 8 Answers ]

I have a two storied home. When I turn on the heat the first floor becomes hot and remains warm when the thermostat is switched off. The top floor however is warm when the thermostat is on but becomes cold quite quickly after the heat is turned off. I've checked the windows even sealing all seams...

Draughty house [ 1 Answers ]

My house is so cold despite having full central heating double glazing, cavity wall insulation and good loft insulation. I suspect the cold comes through our integral garage which has a large gap under the door how can we seal this up? Also the house is built on a hill and has a good 3foot...

No cold water in house [ 5 Answers ]

We only have warm/hot water coming from every faucet in the house. We had Mr. Plumber come out this time last year with the same problem and he said the pipes were crossed and he rerouted them. $500 later, it worked, but only for a year. So now I'm thinking that wasn't really the problem? My...

View more questions Search