Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doeshelikeme Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 06:41 PM
    Is he interested or what?
    I'm not very good at this... but there's this guy I don't know anything about him other than that he's in one of my classes, lives in the same dorm as me, and I pass him Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on my way to class. It seems like he's interested in me, but I just can't tell. He's always looking over at me. As he's approaching me on my way to class I can see him looking at me. Or if he hasn't noticed me yet, I feel like he's looking for me. But I don't know, maybe that's just me being hopeful.

In class, right before he leaves the room after class and if I'm still in there, I've caught him looking back at him a few times. Also, he always get to class before me. So whenever I walk in, he's always looking at me. And one time, after I had sat down, I noticed he had been looking at me. And so he walked over to his friend who was only a few seats away to talk to him and then left to the bathroom or something. But again, he had looked back at me right before he left the classroom. And during class, he'll look back at me a few times and it's not even like he's trying to hide it.

There was also another time in the elevator, I was with a bunch of my girl friends, and he had gotten in. But all of us girls were on the sides of the elevator. So he was kind of stuck in the middle of all of us. One of the girls had said hi to him, but then it was just silent. I looked at him for a few seconds after she said hi, but he didn't look at me. So then to make it less awkward, I looked away at my friend. And from the corner of my eye, I could tell that he was looking at me, and he kept looking at me. But then the elevator door opened and we all got out. But as we were walking to my car, he had taken out the trash, which was behind us. I looked back, and he was looking back at us, at me. I feel like he's interested, but I just don't know. He either will look away once I look back at him, or just hold the stare for a few seconds. I need help. I think he's cute and would be interested in him but is he interested or not? And what does his constant looking back at me mean?
    youser333 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 07:22 PM

You're a girl! Guys like looking at you! Lol As far as him being interested, stop guessing and approach him. Once you talk to him or hangout with him you WILL know. But in all honesty, the chances that he reaally likes you are slim because most guys who like a girl would've taken all those opportunities (i.e. in the classroom, elevator etc.) to approach you.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2008, 07:52 PM

You say your not good at this stuff, well maybe you two have something in common. From what you write he might be interested but also shy and not want to come off as pushy or uncomfortable.

So here is my suggestion. Next time you catch him looking at you say, "you could look at me more if you took me out." Now that's forward and if you don't feel like going so far... you could tell him you don't understand something in your class and ask him if he understands it. If he says yes or no, you can ask him to work on it together away from class.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2008, 11:03 PM

Like chuff said, maybe you two have something in common. Maybe you're both shy. It sounds like you see him pretty frequently. It might sound cheesy but maybe you could casually pass him a note next time you see him that says something like "wanna get (insert beverage of your choice here) after class?"

Dec 10, 2008, 12:45 AM
    Is he just shy?
    Threads merged

I could tell this guy was interested in me, but he was just too shy to talk to me. But in the elevator the other day I was with a bunch of girls and him coming back from a big group activity that he had also participated in. But seeing how there were a lot of people, it didn't give us a chance to talk to others. But in the elevator, he made a small comment to my friend about the prize she had won. Is it just that he is too shy to talk to me, or he's lost interest?
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Dec 10, 2008, 09:38 AM

I would take a guess, too shy to talk to you. What makes he was interested in you? Catch him looking a lot?

Why not talk to him? Don't wait for him to do it... can't hurt :)

Dec 10, 2008, 01:01 PM

Oh yeah I always caught him looking at me. A few times each day in class. When I passed him walking to class he would look, and before I passed him I could kind of tell he was looking for me. One time in the elevator I could tell from the corner of my eye that he was looking at me the whole way down, even though I was with like 6 other girls. Then the other day we were in a big room and I was sitting across the room from him. And someone had blocked his view from me. And I caught him move over a little so he could look at me. It's just so frusturating to me that he won't just come up and talk to me. I guess it could be that I'm always with other people so he doesn't want to intrude, but I just wish he wasn't so shy.
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Dec 10, 2008, 01:06 PM

Try aproaching him, do you like this guy too?
    Cuzz if you do, try making small talk, ask about him, then be a little flirty, not too flirty, try to make it seem that your not being flurty, you know what I meen
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 01:13 PM

Looks to me like YOU need to make the first move.

In this day and age... why does the man ALWAYS got to do it. Women are supposed to be our equals... right? I mean it's women who make the final decision on who they want to date or whatever. Come on girls... STEP IT UP!

Seriously, if your just seeing him in passing, you could at least say "Hi". He may be waiting for a good time to talk to you alone or for you to initiate the conversation!

Say "Hi" to him. I can guarantee if he likes you like you think he does... he will be happy to start talking to you.

Good Luck!

Dec 10, 2008, 01:16 PM

Listen too this song
    Music is the best prescription
    YouTube - Warren Zevon - The Indifference Of Heaven
    DonaldM_23 Posts: 86, Reputation: 10

Dec 10, 2008, 03:35 PM

He is interested but some people find it hard to converse in a large group setting. Rejection is every mans fear. (Damn fellas I let the secret out)

Dec 11, 2008, 02:43 AM

You say men and women are equal so why can't us women just make the first move because he end up deciding on if we want the relationship or not... but who usually proposes marriage? The men. I don't know, that's just how it's always been, we wait for the men to make the first move. And rejection is every woman's fear too.

Anyway, I just think it would be awkward to just say Hi as I passed him, you don't think so?

Dec 11, 2008, 02:43 AM
    * I meant we end up deciding... not he.
    NallaNeedsYou Posts: 162, Reputation: 9

Dec 11, 2008, 04:08 AM

You say he looks at you... in what way does he look at you? Does he find you an interesting person, who is smart and funny or is he just looking. Looking at your body? Or at you as a person. I would talk to your friends, get some proper girlie advice and do something about it! Write him a little note if you can't talk bring yourself to initiating contact. Don't let the opportunity pass you by. Be confident!

Dec 11, 2008, 04:45 AM

Well, I'm just going to say this, as a guy, I like it when girls apraoch me, that may be different with him, but, it never really hurts to try does it?
    Grayfox Posts: 129, Reputation: 23

Dec 11, 2008, 06:00 AM

Yea, I mean, if you can recognize that he likes you and you think he may be interested, then say something to him. Next chance you get, if he looks at you, if you're alone, smile or wave or something in a way that appears open and interested. Maybe that will give him confidence. If it doesn't, and he returns the gesture, then maybe you should ask him what he's up to or something along those lines. Start small talk, get a good idea of whether he's actually into you and try to lead him into a more confident zone. Some guys feel pushy even coming on to a girl. I know as a guy I'm very cautious to be absolutely sure I am welcome before I approach a girl at all. If you're interested then you need to make some kind of a move cause it doesn't sound like he's going to.

Dec 11, 2008, 01:11 PM

Oh OK, thanks. I just thought it would be awkward doing that, but I guess not!
    Grayfox Posts: 129, Reputation: 23

Dec 11, 2008, 01:25 PM

Nah, its only awkward if you make it awkward. Go for it and good luck!

Mar 3, 2009, 01:43 PM
    Would this be weird if it happened to you?
    Threads merged

Tell me if this would be weird... So there's this guy and I've seen him around a few times and he'll either smile at me if I'm by myself and so is he, or if I'm with friends I'll look at him and he'll quickly look away. So I feel like he may be interested. I've never gotten the chance to talk to him yet, but I really want to. I only know his name because he's on the school's baseball team. But I feel like I don't see him enough or in the right environments to be able to talk to him, I know he has a Facebook, so would it be weird if I just messaged him saying hey or something like that? Or do you have any other suggestions? Or could I say something like "hey you look familiar, were you at that party friday night?"
    mandywebster97 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Mar 3, 2009, 02:55 PM

I think he thinks your attractive don't be to forward. Take it slow and it is OK to send him a relaxed message on Facebook

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is he still interested [ 5 Answers ]

I was dating a really nice guy who acted like a perfect gentleman, the relationship escalated quite quickly after about three weeks and he booked a lovely weekend away for us. Shortly after a ex found out and contact him saying that it was the worse thing that she had done and wanted him back....

Is he still interested? [ 4 Answers ]

I told this guy that I'm no longer interested in going out with him because he cursed me out one night on the phone when I asked him about his other girlfriend and he totally got my message because he's no longer calling me or IMing me or anything. He last sent me an IM, saying, "Ok then, that's...

Is my ex boyfriend still interested? [ 4 Answers ]

Basically I would like some advice, a few months ago my boyfriend broke up with me and he has had one girlfriend since but he's single now, but nothing has changed between us, he stills hugs me, holds my hand, puts his arms around me, makes sure I'm okay, touches me on the waist and always talks to...

Is he interested? [ 1 Answers ]

=] hey I have known this guy for more than 1year and 6 months and he seems like he likes me... like When I tell him to do something he does it what does it mean does he like me?? :rolleyes: :)

Is he interested in me? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey everyone thanks for reading my question I hope you'll answer it too:p There's this guy in my class, of whoem I think he likes me. We were goning to lunch on Wednesday in a group and we were going to take the tram to Burgerking. He said next month he'll be able to drive. Then I said cool...

View more questions Search