Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ottdad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2006, 06:04 PM
    Lawn mower help
    I have a 18.5 poulan pro 42" 2 years old. It will start but no matter what I do it kills, like hitting the kill switch. If I let out the clutch, even in neutral it kills. Engage blades or anything it kills. And the weirdest thing is that the kill switch in the seat doesn't kill it. I really have no clue where to look next. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
    Jamie
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2006, 06:48 PM
    Sounds like a "neutral safety" switch is out of adjustment. Order the manual/parts list for your tractor, locate the neutral safety switch, and make adjustments. Probably a few turns on an adjustment screw will rectify the situation.
    ottdad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2006, 10:46 AM
    Got the manuals in and it was the switch under the seat. It would let it start because it is cut out when clutch is fully depressed. Jumpered it out and it is working like a champ. Thanks for the advise it got me looking in the right direction.
    Ps got new switch on order
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2006, 04:13 PM
    Good job and happy mowing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

My father has purchased an old lawn mower for restoration. The model # is 1318430. He thinks it is a Craftsman. Anyone know where to find a picture or details.

Mtd riding lawn mower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi every one I have a very old mtd riding lawn mower that my mother gave me but it keeps throwing the drive belt. My mother thinks that the way she was putting the belt on is wrong does any one know how the belt should go on its about a 1986 model mower.

Looking for new lawn mower deck [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Sears Craftman riding lawn mower 43" "Steering Machine". I need a new mower deck. Sears does not support after the mower is 10 years old. AYP made the original deck but they don't offer. Seems part of the issue is 43". The tractor is in great shape just need a new deck. Any...

Lawn mower problems [ 1 Answers ]

My lawn mower won't start. The rope won't pull, well, it pulled once them nothing. There is gas and oil in the appropate places.Help I want to mulch leaves.

View more questions Search