Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vmcfarland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Long term liabilities
    Does the interest expense paid on bonds lower net income?
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 07:43 PM

Interest Expense is reported in the Other Income and Expenses section of the Income Statement and does affect Net Income
    AdamUTsel Posts: 100, Reputation: 2

Dec 17, 2008, 03:20 PM

Wrong, any expense effects your bottom line (i.e. net income). If you're paying interest expense on the bonds you issued, you are reducing your net income.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Current Vs. Long term Liabilities [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with my assignment... especially how to answer questions 4 . Please help... Thank you very much. Frederic Chopin Corporation is preparing its December 31, 2007, balance sheet. The following items may be reported as either a current or long-term liability. Instructions For...

Current and Long Term Liabilities [ 1 Answers ]

I am working on a classified balance sheet and believe that I have almost all the correct information. The puzzler is this: Since my Notes Payable is a Current Liab and a LT Liab, how much goes on each line? My balance for Notes Payable is $2000 at 6% interest payable over 24 months. I have...

Current vs. Long-term Liabilities [ 3 Answers ]

I need a little help with my homework... I was especially confused with #3. Please help... Thank you very much. :confused: (Current vs. Long-term Liabilities) Frederic Chopin Corporation is preparing its December 31, 2007, balance sheet. The following items may be reported as either a...

Current vs. Long-term Liabilities [ 1 Answers ]

Need a little help with my homework... I was especially confused with #3. Please help... Thank you very much. (Current vs. Long-term Liabilities) Frederic Chopin Corporation is preparing its December 31, 2007, balance sheet. The following items may be reported as either a current or...

View more questions Search