Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pukka sahib Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Small business in time of global crisis
    There are two general "trends " concerning a small business and the global financial crisis:

1. kill the business, put the money in a seif and freeze until the storm is gone (if you have some serious budget!! if not... )

2. try to fight, cut the dead wood and float... the sun will shine anyway! but you must have in mind the posibility that you will lose your business in the process...

So, what is the best way to follow?:confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2008, 03:42 AM

Hi, pukka sahib!

There's always a risk in starting and running any kind of business. I have a number of businesses that I run. If I were to just outright quit any of my businesses and wait for better times, then I might lose opportunities to get customers that other competitors might be able to get because I had quit.

I say, best to try to fight rather than having the possibility of losing the business customers that a person presently has as well as the possibility of obtaining new ones.

If there is a crisis of any kind, then re-thinking how a business might be marketed differently and also other avenues of what the business might do would seem to me to be good routes to explore.

For instance, where I'm located, we're getting ready for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, among others. I try to channel my marketing and advertising to meet those kinds of seasonal needs so that others will find what I do and want to hire me.

Thanks!

Thanks!
    pukka sahib Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 07:56 AM
    I am focusing on marketing also!hope it works:)!

Good luck!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2008, 09:35 PM

What kind of business is this concerning, and is it a business that you operate, if you wouldn't mind sharing that, please?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SOL on a Business to Business Small Claims Court [ 6 Answers ]

Our case is that we purchase of a software "PICK" 3 user licence, Oct 1 st 1997. It did not come to our attention that it was illegal till March 2007. We ended up filling a Small Claims court suit for $10,000 for our money back. Today the jugde refused our claim saying SOL had expired,...

A small price to stop "global warming " [ 7 Answers ]

Nations urged to spend $45 trillion to battle carbon emissions - International Herald Tribune According to the International Energy Agency it will take at least $45 trillion ;build 1,400 nuclear power plants worldwide ,and vastly expand wind power in order to halve greenhouse gas emissions by...

Looking for small town business-to-business service need I'm qualified for [ 5 Answers ]

I hope someone out there can help! Some entrepreneur who's already made this discovery and who can hep me do similar. Seems everything I can think of nobody would pay any $ for me to do. I am 7 yr stay at home MOM w/ 2 kids now just both in school and I really need to find work I can do to...

View more questions Search