Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ranrox Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 05:51 AM
    Spark plugs
    I checked all plugs and wires on my 2000 dodge dakota... they are perfect,cap and button were fried so I replaced them. No improvement. When pulling a plug looking for spark, the truck started and ran with no applied gas, but when the plug was put back in, had to apply gas to get it to start.I thought that was kind of backwards.coil is fine. Don't know what to look for next.any help would be great
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

Nov 20, 2008, 07:00 AM
    Hi, Someone with more knowledge than me my have a better answer, but if it just does this on one plug I'd look at it as being bad, just because it looks good doesn't always mean it is good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spark plugs [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of spark plug do I use on my toro 6.5 lawm motor

How to get at spark plugs. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Dodge Caravan, 3.0 engine. How do you get at the back 2 spark plugs... wow?

Oil in spark plugs [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a riding mower that, when started would run a few minutes and shut down. I read the manual and it said possibly stale fuel and tune up. I changed the gas, tuned it up, cleaned the carb. When I started it same thing happened,but a big cloud of white smoke came out of the muffler. I...

Where are the spark plugs? [ 2 Answers ]

I am borrowing a friends riding lawnmower and another friend of mine says the spark plugs are probably out. Where do I find them so I can see if that's what it is?? It's a Troy Built 19 Hp/ 597 cc Twin Cam Kohler... with a 42" I have no clue where to even start looking. My husband is out of town...

View more questions Search