Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    partaytay41 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 01:38 AM
    Forgotten Childhood Mermaid Movie
    I saw a movie when I was really young about a mermaid with blonde hair. All I really remember about it was that she had blonde hair, part of it took place on a ship, and I think there was a scene where the mermaid had a knife in her hand and may or may not have killed someone. I know that sounds strange. The movie was a cartoon, and I think it had mermaid in the title, but of course I could be wrong. Does anyone have any idea what movie I'm talking about?
    teddy0bear Posts: 64, Reputation: 4

Nov 21, 2008, 11:28 PM
    You're actually thinking of a Little Mermaid movie. Not the Disney one of course but another one. I know this because of the knife. In the original Little Mermaid story, in order for the little mermaid to remain alive she had to kill the prince. Her sisters sold their hair to the sea witch for the knife. The little mermaid goes to kill the prince with the knife but is not able to go through with it and throws herself into the depths of the sea to become sea foam (or depending on the version a sea spirit or something less…foamy).

You may be thinking of this version: The Little Mermaid (1993) (V)
    There are many other adaptations but most are short 30min.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mermaid movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember watching this movie when I was really young so it was probably around the early 90's. It could have been a made for TV movie but I really don't know. All I remember is that a guy falls in love with a mermaid. The characters are younger and there's gold high heal shoes that he gets at the...

I want to know the title of a mermaid movie that I saw like 7 years ago. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everybody I'm trying to find the title of a movie that I loved when I was younger I think I saw the movie like 7 years ago. Its about mermaids, a cartoon movie; its animated. I remember the final of the movie it was about a mermaid who was in love with someone but she had to kill her love to...

Forgotten Movie Name [ 2 Answers ]

I saw this movie a long time ago and I don't remember its name, its about some guys living in a boarding school and each one of them is talented in something, for example I remember one of them was good a drawing peoples faces etc. and then some criminals enter there school and take over it, and...

A forgotten mermaid movie [ 2 Answers ]

I saw a movie of mermaids few years ago but I forgot the name of the movie. I remember that there were three girls who were sisters. The eldest one has spear which she turns into a hairpin and clips on her hair. The second sister works in a bar and the third sister works as a marine...

Movie title forgotten [ 2 Answers ]

My sister and I watched this movie when we were young and we remember the title to be love me tender. All we can find is the elvis movie. It's about a teenage girl that has a terminal disease and writes letters to elvis. We watched this in the early 80s.

View more questions Search