Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Iwunder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2006, 01:26 PM
    #-Speed fan switch replacment question
    I'm just replacing a broken 3-way fan switch (in the housing not the wall) which I took out last year. In replacing the switch I have a black, purple, brown and gray. All wires but gray are acounted for. It's the gray I have a question about. There are two gray wires nuted in the housing. Should the remaining gray from the switch go to the nutted gray or the 3 white neutrals? Thanks
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2006, 08:23 PM
    It should go to the two nutted greys, I believe.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...and-repair.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3-speed fan control switch wire connection [ 23 Answers ]

Inside housing case are two boxes. One box has #1,2,3,and letter L. The other box has 1 red wire glued in silicone. There are two cords running into housing case. A gray cord coming from fan's motor with 5 wires: White,yellow,blue,gray,green w/white stripe. A black cord (two prong plug) with...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan speed switch [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter's ceilng fan stopped working due to a faulty speed switch. When I opened up the canopy and unplugged the 9 prong coupler I then proceeded to take out the switch. Dumb move on my part. Should have marked wire colors down first. New (and old) switches both have L, 1, 2, & 3 imprinted...

Fan speed switch [ 4 Answers ]

What is the proper wiring diagram for replacing a 3 speed / 5 wire switch in a ceiling fan? I have four of the wires properly colored coded and hooked up, but, can not find where the last one goes, since I was not the one who removed the original old switch?

Two speed pedistal fan switch [ 4 Answers ]

Let neighbor borrow fan during hurricane Rita. It is 2 spd.30in pedistal fan. Returned with pull chain switch missing.Old switch positions were1 off, first pull low, second pull off, third pull high,pull again, off.have no idea how switch was wired. Tried ceiling fan switch in various wiring combos...

Ceiling Fan Pull String 3-speed Switch [ 1 Answers ]

What if someone by mistake wrongly connect the load on the switch (L) to one of the other wires (yellow, red, green)? Can this (cross wiring or mixing) cause (cross-wire) damage to the motor? Please help. I need this help urgently.

View more questions Search