Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dede34 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 06:32 PM
    Rear ended
    We where rear ended and the guy lied to his insurance about hitting us and we have not gone to the dr for fear of being left with the bills will we eventually get paid without any doctor bills only if we got soft tissue damage
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2008, 06:43 PM

So, you are not that hurt if you don't want to go to the doctor because you are afraid you may have to pay for it,

So after that you either turn it over to your own insurance and let them fight, or you sue them in court.

If you are hurt and need medical care, you get it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 19, 2008, 06:46 PM

How can someone lie about rear ending someone? What about the police report? Have you filed a claim with your insurance?
    dede34 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 07:39 PM

They left the scene and we only got the license plate number made a claim under our uninsured mot and they got in contact with the other company and he reports that he was in the club and came out and it was like that we could not get a police report because we had to cahse to get the license plate # and the police said no we left the scene and it was after the fact do I need to contact the insurance commissioner of Louisiana
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 20, 2008, 07:37 AM

First, your insurance should cover you. Second, if the police refused to take a report you could have hired a PI to check the damage to both cars. That would have determined if his car hit yours. And in a rear end collission its almost always the rear ender's fault.

But, at this point you need to go through your insurer and work with them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I have ended it? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok here's what happened. I had a girlfriend who I was with for 5 years and we have a child. I loved her and I still do! I caught her talking to her ex late at night and texting him by looking at a phone bill. I confronted her and she said they were just talking about harmless stuff and that she...

Rear-ended by uninsured motorist. [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I was recently involved in an auto accident and got rear ended recently by a person who agreed on his fault. No police complaint was made. I collected his insurance info and started a claim. However, when my insurance arbiter contacted his insurance company, they started an internal enquiry...

Rear Ended Someone [ 19 Answers ]

Okay so here is the story: I rearended someone. It was my fault, I was texting. We both pulled over and decided it was too minor to exchange insurance information. I had a dented license plate, she had nothing, I mean nothing. Can she later on change her mind, and tell her insurance...

Rear ended but the other insurance says they may not have to pay. [ 1 Answers ]

Please help. We were rear ended a week ago. The other driver was cited and found at fault. When we contacted her insurance to begin to get our van fixed they said she might not be insured because the vehicle she hit us in was a new purchase and not on her policy. They said they cannot get a...

View more questions Search