Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patrick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2004, 08:50 PM
    electrical problem
    I have a 1987 GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 plow truck that will not start.  When you turn the key to start the interior light goes out and it will not start.  You have to let it sit for 24 before the interior light comes on again.  And the cycle goes on,  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2004, 09:08 PM
    Re: electrical problem
    Could be a flaky battery. What happens if you turn the headlights on or blow the horn? Can it meet a large drain? Have you tried jumping it?

The starter could be drawing drawing too much power. Before you remove it, try one more thing. Can you turn the engine over by hand? Sometimes you can do that by holding in on the fan belt and turning the fan. You may also be able to get a wrench on the nut on the pulley on the crankshaft. If you can't turn the engine over, you may have a major mechanical problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical Problem Murray Riding Mower [ 8 Answers ]

I was given a Murray Riding Mower that had nothing when the key was turned . I replaced the blade disengage safety switch and the mower started. I get nothing again when the key is turned. I replaced the cellenoid, battery, BDS switch again, and had the starter checked. The seat safety was...

Electrical hot tub problem---help! [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can find out what the code is for wiring a hot tub in Reno, Nevada? I have an electrician taking advantage of the fact I don't know this stuff & I really need help.

Murray riding lawn mower electrical problem [ 7 Answers ]

My mower runs but only as long as the battery has a charge. And then it dies, so what could be the problem? Please help I have a huge lawn and a push mower just doesn't get it!!

Electrical problem [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a 1975 dodge power wagon. My after market ammeter shorted out and screwed things up, besides that all my wiring is old and brittle and broken. Where can I go and get a good wiring harness? I rolled the p/u years ago and when I put it back together I used a 1977 cab. The harness from the...

'92 Civic electrical problem [ 1 Answers ]

The battery light has started to come on - the battery has checked out good with 12.6 volts with engine off and when running the battery stays the same 12.6 volts. Am I looking at an alternator problem or something in wiring for this problem?

View more questions Search