Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FRANCINE1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Is irregular periods normal
    I am 28 yrs old and never had regular periods in life. I was diagnosed with poly cystic ovaries before my pregnancy. I have a 2 yr old. I get periods only once in 2 months. Is that normal? Can I live with that?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2008, 06:20 PM

It may be what is normal for you. Although most women do, not everyone has a regular period every month. Some may only have a few a year and that can be normal for them.

Having an irregular cycle is very common with PCOS... one of the more common symptoms of it. You can have your doctor do some testing to determine how likely it is that you are ovulating.. would be especially helpful if you ever decided to try for another baby. PCOS can make conceiving more challenging for many women.
    april k Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Nov 19, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANCINE1980 View Post
    I am 28 yrs old and never had regular periods in life. I was diagnosed with poly cystic ovaries before my pregnancy. I have a 2 yr old. I get periods only once in 2 months. Is that normal? Can i live with that?

Thankfully, your PCOS must not be so bad since you've been able to get pregnant. You can live with PCOS but sometimes you can end up having other issues with your ovaries later in life. There are a few websites that provide lots of information and support for PCOS, it would be a good place for you to start learning more about it. Here are the links: PCOS – Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, and PCOSupport™. I hope these are helpful for you.

Good luck!

Dr April

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular periods [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Ive always been irregular with my periods and Ive had periods when its so heavy I became anemic, so I've been prescribed with the medication promulut, its suppose to stop this problem, it did but what I would like to know is do I have to finish the it all even though that the bleeding stopped...

Irregular periods . [ 1 Answers ]

I facing the problem everything was normal,but I am not getting periods for 2 and half month,all my tests show negative and I tested ultrasound ,papsmears test its quite normal.

Periods irregular [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I've started my periods when I was 10. But now at this age I'm getting my periods every two months at one point last year I got in every 4 months. I haven't told my mum cause I'm scared of what she will tell me.:( Should I be anxitious about what is happening? :confused:

Very irregular periods! [ 1 Answers ]

OK, I'm 22 years old and I have very irregular periods, they have always been irregular. I haven't had it since September 06' and when I did it lasted for 4 or 5 months. It wasn't heavy though just really really lite basically there was blood only when I would use the restroom and not everyday...

View more questions Search