Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rd68 Posts: 122, Reputation: 10

Jun 25, 2006, 08:47 AM
    96 t/c Will not start
    I have a 96 t/c that will not start and it sounds like the fuel pump is not kicking on.Do I need to drop the gas tank to take out the old one or is it somewere else. And does this have a reset switch on it if so where is it.Or should I replace my fuel filter.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Jun 25, 2006, 09:39 AM
    Is that a 96 Tom Cat, or something else? First check your fuel pump fuse to make sure it is good. If you can disconnect the harness to the fuel pump you can make sure that you are getting voltage to the pump when the key is on. If yes, then the pump is probably shot. Quite often you should be able to hear the pump run with the key on. Some vehicles allow removal of pump without dropping the tank, on others, you must. Go to the library and see Mitchells Repair Manual (in book form or computer). They are very comprehensive and will tell you exactly what to do. Mitchells saved me injury by instructing me to drill a hole and pin the large gear section on a window regulator when replacing a power window motor on my Chevy truck. A friend of mine almost lost a finger doing the same job without proper information. You are having extraordinary bad luck with your vehicles. Good luck.

Jun 25, 2006, 11:36 AM
    Sorry 'bout the t/c it's a chrysler town & country.LOL And no I'm not having good luck with my cars.We are down to one vehicle and it's a 98 ranger plus we have two kids.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Jun 25, 2006, 04:01 PM
    With such a full plate, I am amazed that you find the time to work on the vehicles. Going back to your other post on the 86 Mustang; if it does indeed have an overheating problem after all that you have done, the last straw could be clogged water passages in the block, that might require some type of power flush to dislodge. By the way, what does LOL mean. I have gotten that on some e-mails, and have been reluctant to ask until now. Hang in there with the car problems. Things have to get better.

Jun 26, 2006, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr D
    With such a full plate, I am amazed that you find the time to work on the vehicles. Going back to your other post on the 86 Mustang; if it does indeed have an overheating problem after all that you have done, the last straw could be clogged water passages in the block, that might require some type of power flush to dislodge. By the way, what does LOL mean. I have gotten that on some e-mails, and have been reluctant to ask until now. Hang in there with the car problems. Things have to get better.
    LOL means (Laugh out loud) And thanks for your answers on everything I did flush out the motor and it's doing fine now.And again thanks a lot for your help you really stuck with me on this problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Start->Run [ 3 Answers ]

I fixed my brother's computer a while back using a command that I cannot remember. His computer was constantly coming up with "Limited or no connectivity" and no matter how many different NIC's I used (wired or wireless) I couldn't get an IP from my router. Eventually I tracked down a little...

98 GMC won't start, not getting gas [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1998 gmc 4x4 5.7 at. Its been getting harder & harder to start, but went it started it would run great and restart that day. Today it didn't start, so the fuel pump is making nois so that is working, put a new fuel filter on, no help, so I put some gas in the throttle body and it started...

Where to start.. [ 3 Answers ]

Im 17 and feel I'm to week I'm a bit of a couch potato I way 12 stone 4 and have decided to bulk myself up around the arms area that seems to be the area that needs the most work. I have started eating more healthey like diet ready meals, my 5 a day+ fruit and veg but bulking upwise I need advice...

XP won't start [ 5 Answers ]

Any suggestions on the following would be appreciated. Basically XP won't load up in either normal, or safe mode. It gets as far as that XP logo with the black background and sits there. The blue line in that loading bar at the bottom still moves, and the hard drive light blinks on and off...

Start up [ 1 Answers ]

Upon start up of my pc, the message "please check video cable connections" comes up. There is no web cam or video equipment connected to my computer. I then must shut down the system on the modem and start all over before the windows screen will come up. Could you help me resolve this problem?

View more questions Search