Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kumar Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Jun 25, 2006, 08:19 AM
    Lemon Tree!
    Can I grow Lemon Tree in my Garden from the seeds of daily
    Use kitchen Lemons... Any special Precautions to be taken?
    Tk's in Advance.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2006, 07:11 AM
    The key factor will be how cold it gets during wintertime in your area. What city are you in?

Yes, a lemon tree can be planted from a seed - and you can even find seeds in lemons that have already begun to sprout... but better would be to buy a small lemon tree and plant it - if your area will support one.

They do not handle frost well at all... so if your area actually freezes, then you'll have no luck with one outdoors.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 26, 2006, 08:04 AM
    They can be tricky to grow even here in the south in Tennessee. Got to do a lot of mulching through the winter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red Maple Tree [ 3 Answers ]

I have a red maple tree and something is eating the leaves. I need help to find out how to stop the pest and what to use to stop them

Lemon Juice [ 10 Answers ]

Hey. I heard somewhere that lemon juice can act as a skin bleaching method but I'm not sure if its good for your skin. Should it be mixed with something before hand or what?? :confused:

Ficus Tree [ 1 Answers ]

My ficus tree is weak and has lost the majority of its leaves. I'm trying to doctor it back to health. It is not over-watered, currently in indirect sunlight. It has no sappy discharge, mold, mites, etc. I have a perfectly healthy ficus but need advise on how to revive it back to health. ...

Which red maple tree? [ 1 Answers ]

PLease help me decide which red maple tree to plant. I live in Greensboro, NC and the site is in full sun with somewhat clay soil. I am looking for a beautiful fiery red tree with a good shape. I am confused about the cultivars "October Glory", Autumn Flame, or Red Sunset. The pictures I have...

Transplanting tree [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved into a one year old home. The old owners planted a jap. Maple too close to the house. How deep would the root system be? And when is the best time of the year to transplant it?

View more questions Search