Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DONOFDUVAL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Starting a business for felons being a convicted felon?
    Does anybody know what steps to take to start up a community re-entry service that will help people with felony convictions get jobs? The catch is, I too am also a convicted felon. I caught a felony charge charge about 9 years ago.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2008, 12:16 PM

They actually have a system like that already set up. They let you out with a job lined up so you don't have to start from nowhere. They probably weren't doing it 9yrs ago though
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2008, 02:51 PM

HUH??

Adam not sure where you are at, but here, you get a 100 dollar check, and a bus ticket back to your home location. ** and they charge you 3 bucks at the bus depo to cash your check.

So the person getting out of prison turns up at his town with less than 100 dollars with no place to stay, no job and nothing to each and his clothes on his back.

They had a small reentry program here in GA, but it was limited and only a very small amount could get in, But it was almost completely shut down this year with budget cuts.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2008, 04:34 AM

Hi, DONOFDUVAL!

The following organization would be an excellent role model to follow as far as how to design your own organization. You might even consult someone there as to the requirements for such an organization to exist and operate.

Home - Safer Foundation

Thanks!
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2008, 01:11 PM

Ya know fr_chuck, I think you are right. I have not had the chance to learn about it that much. I just thought I have heard mention of that. I believe if I'm not mistaken that we did have a re-entry thing here. It may be different now. Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2008, 07:46 PM

Around where I live and also in the Chicago area, we have the Safer Foundation. In other places, they might have similar types of organizations, and in others, perhaps nothing.
    armybelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2013, 08:47 AM
    I am in NC, I am a felon, I was in the militay before my life crashed, I am in the process of starting my own business ,building from the ground up, I have found after I am up and running then it will be easier for me to offer jobs to people getting out and needing help. I will have rooms built in the facility for housing. I am collecting donations now, clothes, furniture, anything I think I might need to help these people and I haven't even picked out the land yet. I am offering services for people with Pits primarily. Lots of people in this area can't ever find boarding for them in this area. I have years of training with aggressive dogs. Do your research about what you want. I hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business grants for disabled and convicted felon [ 3 Answers ]

My husband is a convicted felon but also is disabled. Would someone know a research direction to start?

Need Advice Starting a Business After Being Convicted of a Felony [ 12 Answers ]

I am a female felon. I'm definitely not proud of what I have done to myself. However, I have done my time, I've been off parole for almost 3 yrs now, and I have bought my own business.:o Here is my problem area... I cannot get a job in my field of work. I have 28 yrs experience in Management, but...

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

Small business start up progams for convicted felons [ 9 Answers ]

Are there any known government programs to assist convicted felons in starting a small business or buying into a franchise ?

View more questions Search