Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coolbrezzeb Posts: 74, Reputation: 1
    -

Nov 19, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Strange Benificary Email sent to me
    There is this company by the name of JOHNSON AND CO. CHAMBERS
    Legal Head, Tunji and Co. Chambers. That sent me an email saying for the second time but I didn't respond,teling me that I am the beneficiary of someone who has past for large amounts of money.however when I go to try to to verify the company can't find a listing and it is in lagos nigeria.also they did not include a number of the person or company I could call.he said his full name and that ihave the sam last name as his deceased client.he saying he want me to forward tohim a letter of acceptance to his private email with my name,address,telephone number,email and date of birth.Dont this sounds like B s***! What should I do can I get some help and advice from you guys?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Nov 19, 2008, 11:40 AM
    This is a famous scam. Ignore it. I get emails like this all the time.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2008, 11:55 AM
    Look familiar?

Crooks In Action - Jenson Farrago - Tunji Bello
    Scam Email: RE: YOUR URGENT RESPONSE NEEDED
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2008, 12:14 PM

Yea, I get those emails at least once a day. I remember when I got my first one when I was about 13. I was so excited because I thought it was real, and I was wondering what to do. Anyway, I wish we could find these people and sue them for the amount of money that is promised. Haha. Anyway, don't give away any info or your identity may be in the process od being stolen.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2008, 02:52 PM

Yes, between contests, "job" offers and this, I get at least 5 a day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email Our troops and be email pen pals [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know how we can email our women and men serving our country. I think it would be great to have overseas pen pals. To be able to talk to them, and let them know we support them . And give the other people to talk to state side.

Comcast email server losing email [ 2 Answers ]

My comcast account won't let any email through to me except those I send to myself and those comcast sends to me to test the address. I use their website to retrieve email and do not use outlook. They have not been helpful in solving the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated. I can...

The strange one [ 1 Answers ]

How could you do with some company you have to go out with them in the first time and they look they are close friends but you are the strange one.. how could u acclimatize with that?

Strange Cat [ 7 Answers ]

My mums cat does strange things. She is a happily normal and healthy cat BUT she never poops in her litter NEVER,always in the spare bathroom where her litter is but never in it, always besides it or by the door. This is so bizarre. She is 4 yrs old and has been doing so shortly after my mum got...

View more questions Search