Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    makken23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 10:24 AM
    Child Support
    I am currently paying child support for my 18 year old son. He started going to school in September but recently dropped out. He is working 2 days a week.
    If he stops going to school, am I still responsible to pay child support?
    I was told that if the child stops going to school, he must be working full time in order for me to stop paying. Is that true?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 19, 2008, 10:46 AM

This depends a lot on your support agreement. The agreement usually is written to cover this situations so you need to reviewe it. If the agreement is mum on the issue then you need to default to your state laws.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2008, 02:59 PM

Yes, it can depend on factos, the state you live in, and what the exact wording of your child support agreement states.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Legal age in Indiana to stop child support for a child in college [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know when I can legally stop paying support on my step son who is going to be 22 and is still in college

SSI Benefits and Child Support for Disabled Adult Child [ 3 Answers ]

I am the father of a 19 year old disabled daughter (learning disabilities). Her mother has been collecting child support for the past 14 years, but our CA Court Order ends child supoort at age 19. Her mother is now in the porcess of taking me back to court to continue the Adult with Disabilities...

How to prove child is emancipated,so I can stop paying child support? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 18 year old child who graduated in june08.I was told by judge because of new (mass.)law I have to prove she's emancipated, in order to stop child support.She supposedly lives with her mom .doesnt go to school.I can't find any info,because she's 18(privacy laws).On court order it says I...

View more questions Search